The oasis

Etharis POV

We're getting close now we're on the border of the desert. Vitriore has been an angel the whole ride, helping me find food, keeping the guides calm. I wish I could do more for her. When this is over.... if it is.... I will do more for her. I have too. If I don't, I don't know if I could live with my self knowing that tiny frame of a girl was being beat and starved. She hops down from the tree behind  me holding fruits in her skirt. She quitely feeds them to the guides.  When she is done she gets on her guide.

"You can turn back now, if you want." I say knowing this is a dangerous part of xadian territory. She urges her moon guide forward sending the message that she won't leave me. I nod and smile. I snap my reigns and we're off heading towards the oasis.

An hour later we get there knowing there's only an hour to night fall I tie the guides to a tree and put food around it. Vittiore is playing in the stream. Splashing. She doesn't even make noise when she laughs she just smiles. The thought of her parents darkens my mood. How could they do that to a child. 
I unfurl my sleeping bag and lay it down I start to make a fire. I sit there watching the flames dance.

Vittiores POV

In the stream

The fishies gleam

Silver white

I'm the light

White meat

For us to eat

Cooking on a fire

The flames dancing higher

I want to speak

But I have been made weak

I want to try

But I can't so I cry

He comforts me

So easily

Asking me what's wrong

Singing soft songs

I open my mouth to make noise

To say a thankful  word

It works

Hey guys❤️she finally talked idek why I decided for her to speak in poems, I feel Like it would be easier for her to find words. Please please if you've made it this far share the book, comment and vote I  was astounded when I say this book got over 2k reads I teared up lol❤️😆😭

L

O

V

E

Sister-slytherin