At last

Runnan POV

The last few weeks have been a blur. between finding my love and geting back home we've spent a month catching up on all the important things in each other's lives. We have a daughter now, at first she was shy but she came around to being able to talk to me.

Vittiore still can only speak broken sentences but it's a slow process. Ethari has been wonderful, getting her through the fear of getting hurt if she talks.

"You're doing great, use that pretty little voice of yours."

Every time he says something like that she smiles wide and tries to sound out the word she's working on.

Rayla and Callum went to Lux Aurea with their aunts. Amaya and Jania were going stir crazy trying to keep everything peaceful and figured those two could help keep things in line.

I watch Ethari and Vittiore run around the courtyard from a stone bench under a tree. For the first time in a year I feel completely at rest. Vittiore comes over to me shyly,still not used to me or anyone else for that matter.

I pat the bench and she sits next to me. She breathes hard and pushes her white hair off her sweaty forehead.

"Good." She finally says.

"What do you mean?" I ask her gently.

"He you good" she says closing her eyes.

"He is isn't he?" I say smiling at him. He walks over to us and sits down in the middle.

Vittiore climbs up into his lap and he starts to finger comb her hair. I look over to him and we make eye contact. His eyes say a thousand things and mine say a thousand more. I lean in and give him a soft kiss on the lips. Happy for the first time in a year.

Hello my loves! It's definitely been a ride writing this book. I started it 3 years ago and my writing has seriously improved since then so the beginning of the book is a bit odd. I may go back and edit it who knows. Just wanted to thank all who've been here since the beginning I love you all so much!! ❤️❤️