𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

"What the hell were you thinking?"

Thomas sat up, still slightly in a daze. Valentina glanced over at Minho, frowning from beside Newt. Her eyes puffy and red .

"What happened?" Thomas asked, glancing at the four of them

"What happened?" Thomas asked, glancing at the four of them.   Minho, Newt valentina and Chuck, before his eyes fell on Teresa who sat in the slammer with him.

   Minho, Newt valentina and Chuck, before his eyes fell on Teresa who sat in the slammer with him

"Gally's taken control," Newt began. "He said we had a choice. Either join him or get banished at sundown with you."

Thomas groaned, pushing himself to stand before taking a seat in front of Teresa. "And the others agreed to that?"

"Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened," Teresa explained.

Biting his lip, Thomas glanced down at his lap. "Well, he's been right so far," he said, causing all to tilt their head in confusion and valentina bit her lip

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked.

"This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison; it's a test. it all started when we were kids." Thomas's eyes fell on valentina the moment he said kids, and her lips parted. She didn't miss the look that passed through his eyes - didn't miss the underlining message that he hadn't just stared at her because, but rather, because it meant something.

"They'd give us these challenges. There were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other. Like clock work."

"Sending them up into the maze?" Newt concluded, causing you to frown.

"Yeah, but not all of us," Thomas sighed, eyes falling on Teresa and Valentina .

"What do you mean?" Minho asked, shaking your head.

"Guys, i'm one of them." He confessed

"The people who put you in here, I worked with them. I-I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here, I... I was on the other side of it. And so were you," he gesture to Teresa .

" Valentina also worked but she was against sending you all to maze . Hell she begged and cried so much But I and Teresa didn't vote for her so the idea was discarded "

"What?"

"Teresa, we did this to them."

Valentina glanced at her hands, letting that information sink in.  But for some reason, she felt no hatred, no anger grow in her heart towards Thomas, towards Teresa. She just felt numb.

Teresa shook her head, her eyes watering. "No," she whispered, "that can't be true."

"It is."

Valentina glanced up, meeting Minho's eyes as he ran a hand down his face.

"I saw it," Thomas continued.

Teresa's breath started to grow heavy, panic flooding her. "Why would they send us up here if we were with them?"

"It doesn't matter," Thomas dismissed.

"He's right," Newt spoke up, causing everyone to glance up at him in surprise. "It doesn't matter," he shrugged, shaking his head. "Any of it. 'Cause the people we were before the maze, they don't even exist anymore. These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now and what we do right now. You went into the maze, and you found a way out."

"He's right," valentina nodded, smiling softly down at both Thomas. "You did that. Not me or Minho, you."

"Yeah, but if I hadn't, Alby would still be alive." Thomas argued.

Newt paused . Alby had meant a lot to him .Newt hadn't even be able to properly say goodbye or properly process his death. "Maybe," he said finally, voice softer, "but I know that if he were here, he would be telling you the exact same thing. Pick your ass up and finish what you started. 'Cause if we do nothing, then that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that."

"You know i'll always follow you Tommy " valentina said

Thomas took a deep breath in, nodding. "Okay. Okay, but we got to get through Gally first."