𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

"This is such a waste."

Valentina stepped forward, keeping a safe distance from Gally as he stood above Thomas.

"Gally," Winston called, causing said boy to look over at him, blinking. "It doesn't feel right, man." Wintson sighed, his hands falling by his side in exasperation.

"Yeah," Jeff agreed, "what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home."

"We are home," Gally announced, stepping towards the two.

He nodded at them, the look on his face nothing short of threatening. "Okay? I don't want to have to cross any more names of that wall."

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa snarked, causing Gally to glance over at her.

"No," Gally said simply, shaking his head. "But this isn't a banishing." Valentina's eyes widened, panic flooding her .

"It's an offering." His words confirmed her fears .

" Gally please " valentina pleaded him but he ignored her

"What?" Teresa asked, terror in her eyes. The boy who'd been restraining yanked her backwards then, pressing her up against the pole that had been pre-prepared.

"Wait! Gally, what are you doing?" She shrieked, the boy then grabbed her hands, pulling them up and above her head, before tying them off, leaving her restrained.

"You really think i'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he's done?" Gally yelled, gesturing to everyone now. "Look around you! Look at our glade. This is the only way."

Valentina glanced over at Newt, nodding at him before the both of them glanced back at Minho. With one look, a conversation was shared between the three of you. Much like you had, Minho nodded at the both of you.

"And when the Grievers get what they came here for," Gally continued, "everything goes back to the way it was

"And when the Grievers get what they came here for," Gally continued, "everything goes back to the way it was."

She noticed, out of the corner of her eye, Chuck, prepared with everything like she'd all told him to be.

"Are you listening to this?" Teresa argued, eyes dancing around to everyone. "Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy."

"You shut up."

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back." Dismissing Gally's command, Teresa continued to tug on her restraints. "They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back until you're all dead."

"Shut up!" Gally snapped, "tie him up!" The boys he'd ordered hesitated, remaining stood where they were.

Gally, who'd been about to walk off, paused, turning back. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!"

They hauled him up, giving Thomas enough freeway to snap to the right, and elbow one of them in the gut. The force of it sent the two stumbling back, causing one to drop his spear which Thomas grabbed for himself. Spinning around, Thomas smacked the end of the spear over the other boys head with a grunt.

She noticed Newt move, pulling his machete out of the carrier and up over his head, smacking the non-sharp end of it over one of Gally's boys's head. Valentina following Newt's lead, spinning to her right, and reeling her fist back before slamming it into the boy next to her. He went stumbling back, clutching his head in pain .

Inching back over to Minho, she stood behind him, prepared to attack if prompted as Fry cut Teresa's bindings

Inching back over to Minho, she stood behind him, prepared to attack if prompted as Fry cut Teresa's bindings. Minho had his machete against Gally's back, halting his movements as Thomas held the spear he'd grabbed before him, also ready to attack. Slowly, and with a tilt of his head, Minho shuffled forward, the sword still held before him.

Valentina followed after Newt, shuffling back behind Thomas. Minho handed her a sword of her own, to which she gratefully.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?"

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving." Thomas mumbled, "anyone else who wants to come, now's your last chance."

"Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare you. All right?"

"No, i'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. All right, i'm scared." Thomas admitted, voice shaky. "But i'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. Okay? This place isn't our home. We were put here. Okay? We were trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that."

Silence echoed, and Valentina let her eyes wander out, waiting to see if anyone else would join them

Silence echoed, and Valentina let her eyes wander out, waiting to see if anyone else would join them .

She smiled slightly, the corners of her lips curving upwards when Winston stepped forward, Jeff following behind him.

"I'm sorry," Jeff mumbled to Gally along the way, shrugging his shoulders.

A few other boys followed, slowly coming over to your side. Gally turned around, eyeing those who'd stayed, nodding to himself.

"Gally," Thomas called, "it's over. Just come with us."

Valentina glanced up at Gally, a small shred of her hoping that Gally would just give up, just submit and come with you. The guy may be a dick to others but he was like her elder brother , he cared for her and she cared for him a lot  .

" Gally please , I can't lose you again . Please come " valentina said begging

That small shred of hope disappeared when Gally only nodded back, disappointment etched across his face.

"Good luck against the Grievers."

" And V take care of yourself . Thank you for the memories " he said with a smile , tears in his eyes but then turning back

Valentine just cried in Thomas embrace