Reassurance

You wake up to an excruciating headache. You groan as you roll over to grab your phone, then you realize you aren't in your bed. Great. You're in Spencer's bed, lord knows how you ended up here. You sit up quickly as you look around the room, no sign of Spencer anywhere.

You manage to get up and search for him. As you're about to open the bedroom door, he walks in with a bag of snacks. "Hey, sit back down. You need to rest, you were so messed up last night." Spencer says guiding you back to his bed.

You couldn't be mad at him, he had taken care of you and made sure you were okay. "What happened" you say with a dull tone. Spencer lays next to you and sighs. "Do you want to know everything?" he says with a questionable expression.

"Yeah, I guess" you say readjusting yourself on the bed. "Wait, before you say anything, did we have sex?" you say. "Y/n, no. I would never take advantage of you like that." he says in a soft manner.

"Oh, thank goodness." you say in relief. "First off, I was only at the club because I went with Morgan. You weren't talking to me so I went to make sure you were okay." He says looking down at his hands. You gasp as you see his knuckles bruised.

"Spence, what did you do?" you say worried. "Well, when I went in the bar, I saw you on stage. You were with Emily singing the song I told you about, remember? The little mermaid song, you said you'd learn it word for word so you could sing along with me at work. I guess you learned it." he says with a soft chuckle.

"After you guys got off, you drank more. This guy came up to you, he was all up on you. Grabbing your wrists, tugging you everywhere. So, when I saw him taking you out of the bar, I hit him." he says looking up at you.

"I couldn't sit there and let another man take advantage of you. That's the story of my knuckles. Now, do you want to hear something that I don't understand?" he says with a serious face. "What do you not understand?" you say nervously.

"I don't understand how you could think such a thing. The words that came out of your mouth last night.. god y/n, I couldn't sleep. Do you really think of me like that?" he says as his eyes fill with tears.

"I don't remember what I said Spence, I'm sure I didn't mean it." you say feeling bad. Gosh, you hated seeing him cry. "You told me that I probably want you dead. You also told me that this, what we are, is all bullshit. Then, you told me that you love me." He says biting the inside of his cheek.

Before you get to speak, he continues to ramble on. "In the car, when we had an argument, you also said that you loved me. Is that true?" he says looking into your eyes with a deep gaze. "I mean, yes. If i'm being honest, I don't think you do." you say turning your back against him.

You couldn't look at him, you didn't forget about what you saw. "What you read in that text was not recent. Did you not look at the date? Yes, she texted me that she missed me, but our last interaction was on October 4." he says frustrated.

"That's the day I started at the BAU" you say. "Exactly, y/n, the first time I saw you changed everything. I stopped talking to all the women that were my partners before, do you know why?" he says putting his hand on your shoulder.

"Why Spencer" you say. "That day, I knew I wanted you. If I couldn't have you, then I didn't want anybody else. So tell me one more time, say it to my face, that you think I don't love you." he says starting to choke on his own words.

You were speechless. You sat there as the tears trailed down your cheek. "I heard what you said to Rossi. I was outside the door the whole time. It broke me that you said I don't love you. The thing that made me happy though, is when you said the first day you saw me, you knew I was the one. I would never hurt you y/n, ever." he says as you turn back around.

As he goes to ramble on, you kiss him. This kiss wasn't like any other, it was passionate. It was a kiss that you both needed, a reassurance kiss. You stop and look into his eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to loose you, I couldn't bring myself to dance with anybody last night. All I wanted was you, only you." you say falling into his chest.

"Y/n, look at me" he says lifting your chin up. You look into his beautiful hazel eyes that were glazed. "I love you. I always have" he says. "I love you too" you say giving him another kiss.

You missed him so much. Even though it was only one day, it felt like an eternity. "You forgive me?" he says with a grin. "Of course I do." you say laughing as he holds you.

"Hey, can I show you something?" he says pulling out his phone. "Go for it" you say anxiously. "Look at this girl, I think she should be a singer." he says pressing play on a video. You see yourself and Emily on the stage, singing your heart out to "Part of Your World." You were on your knees, putting your hands up in the air, you have never seen yourself go this crazy.

"Spencer! Why do you have that?" you say giggling. "To make you laugh" he says smirking. "Oh my goodness, look at Emily." you say cracking up. She had put on a wig and took a shot on stage, like I said before, a party girl.

After you both finish watching, he picks up the bag he came in with earlier. "I bought this for you, if you want it" he says handing you the bag. Inside of it was your favorite snacks, some painkillers, and a tissue box.

You pick up the tissues and you make a confused face to Spence. "Tissues?" you say. "Yeah, for when I make you cry later. This time, it'll be a good cry." he says laughing as he picks you up. "Put me down!" you say giggling. "She said it! She said she loves me! She also learned the song I told her!" he says running around the house as you're in his arms. You both are sharing laughter, something you truly missed.

"To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything."