CHAPTER IX. WEDDING DAY

IRENE

I woke up from the countless knocks and screams coming from my members. I don't know the reason but I think I need to open my door before they wrecked it apart.

"Why?" I asked, half asleep. I almost forgot that we're in Thailand.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNNIE!" They all shouted. I was startled causing me to scream loudly too. I opened my eyes, seeing my members together with BlackPink. I immediately closed the door as I remember I didn't even get a chance to look at myself in the mirror. God! That was embarrasing!  

I decided to fix myself first before getting out, and I was welcomed again by a loud scream from Yeri and Seulgi. This time, with a cake in their hands,  making me blow the candles.

"Why? Why are you screaming so loud?" I stared at them, scanned our room full of flowers and different varieties of cake. I walked around, then simply checked all of them. I am expecting to see one from her but I can't find one. Maybe she doesn't know after all.

"UNNIEEEEE!! UNNIEEEEEEEEE!!" They constantly screamed, even almost kissed the floor running towards me. Telling me to open the TeleVision. As I did so, another round of screams filled our room. This time, it was the loudest.

I was astonished by the live presentation. We didn't ended up so well last night and I am not expecting to have this grand birthday greeting. My members and hers we're constantly screaming, while me I don't know where to hide the thrill creeping inside me.

Almost the tallest building in the whole world flashed my name. Who could know that Transamerica, Pyramid (San, Francisco, California), Burj Khalifa (Dubai), 432 Park Avenue (New York, New York), Marina Bay Sands Hotel (Singapore), Petronas, Twin Tower (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), CN Tower (Toronto, Ontario), and The Shard (London, England) would break the record just to give me a heartwarming birthday greetings saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BAE JOO HYUN"

It's not just that, all the billboards that you could see here in Thailand has the best greeting. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE BAE MANOBAN".

I am still processing what's happening in front of me when I felt someone tapped my shoulder, I thought it was just one of my members but when hugged me from behind and speak, I didn't know my heart could go this wild.

"Happy Birthday, Babe." She whispered, her lips even slightly touched my ears.

It took me minutes to answer causing the members around us to scream again. 

"Thank you, Lisa." I smiled at her. In that moment, I realized she never really fails to make me feel special even in just her simple ways.

"We need to eat. You might not have the time to do that soon." She led us into the room filled with food.

We ate till our cravings were satisfied. Most of the time, I can't help to just stare at her the whole time. Sometimes, she will hold my hands or feed me and ask how the food is like. She's perfect. And, I can't help to feel jealous thinking that she might have somebody to do all this in the future.

Everything is laid. Today, we're getting married. And, it is on my birthday. Should I get lucky that I've got to marry her first? And, Why do I feel like I don't like her marrying a real one sooner?

"Since you're here and its still early, would you like to have a tour or rest a little bit?" She asked my members while looking at me.

"Why don't you tour us around, Unnie? Wen- where is she?" Joy asked since Wendy is nowhere to be found. Just then, I saw how Lisa gulped, and looked away.