Quince 15

Keith glanced out of a wrecked Galra escape pod, quickly checking both ways before ducking back inside.

"How exactly did the place get so many Galra ships?" he asked looking at Ruu who was scanning through the ships communications tech.
Ruu tensed, "The Galra have tried to take over this world a few times in the past ten thousand years, these ships were shot down in those invasions, " they answered shortly.

"What happened to the Galra on the ships?" Keith asked.
Ruu froze, "There's nothing compatible with your pod here. We need to look at another one," they stated, walking out of the pod, Sana following quietly.

Keith followed them, watching Ruu carefully, catching how they kept a hand on their shoulder. His own hands went down to his own scars. Massaging them to keep his claws from opening them up, they were all still fairly new. It had been maybe a little over two months since the last time he'd used his arms as a distraction from missing his mate.

The Paladin glanced up at the stars, wondering what Lance was doing. Was he still searching for him? Had he given up?

Keith's eyes went back to the ground remembering Shiro and his conversation before the mission.

"Keith if anything happens to me, I want you to lead Voltron."
Dread filled Keith's chest, "Nothing is going to happen to you!" he couldn't lose Shiro again, it hurt enough the first time.

"We don't know that, and it's a possibility," Shiro stated, looking down at the raven.
Keith pulled his knees to his chest, thinking about his part in the mission the next day.
"Promise me you'll lead Voltron if anything happens to me," Shiro said.
Keith looked up at the older man, "Promise you'll take care of Lance if anything happens to me."

"Nothing is going to happen to you Keith," Shiro argued.
"And nothing is going to happen to you either," Keith shot back.

The Black Paladin sighed, glancing at his right hand, "If anything happens to you during the mission, I'll take care of Lance, as long as you promise to lead Voltron," Shiro offered.
Keith nodded.

"Nothing is going to happen to you though."

"Then you better make sure nothing happens to you. I- I can't do this without you," Keith admitted, hugging his knees again.

"You can Keith, you have Lance and Pidge and Hunk and Coran and Allura to help you. You have a family up here, a whole team of people who love you. You can make it without me. You're a lot stronger than you know," Shiro smiled, rubbing his brother's back.

Keith looked up to Shiro, uncertainty filling his eyes.
"You'll do great, Keith."

He hoped Shiro had kept his promise when they got Lance back. He couldn't imagine how he'd react if Lance was by himself out here alone being hunted by the Galra. Not without Shiro at least. Knowing Lance, the guilt of getting away and being safe when Keith wasn't would be killing him.

"Hide!" Ruu hissed, snapping me back to the present.
Beams of light, flicked across the ground, in time marching nearing with the light.

I darted after Ruu and Sana as they ducked into a pipe sticking out from an old Galra cruiser, that was hopefully big enough to hide them. I pulled myself up and into a crevasse above them. Holding my breath as the guards' lights pasted, waiting for the footsteps to fade.

I peeked out, glancing down sporting Ruu. They held up their hand, pointing back at my hiding spot. Reluctantly, I ducked back into hiding, poking my head out once I was sure Ruu's back was to me.

They crept slowly to the intersection of clear space between the wreckage, tail swishing nervously behind them. Keith's hands went back to his scars, rubbing his thumb over them, fighting the urge to itch them as his anxiety tightened it's hold on his chest.

The Paladin took a deep breath, looking away from Ruu, remembering what they had used to calm him down. Focusing on his surroundings, he mentally went down the list of things to find with his senses. His chest slowly feeling less constricted. The air freely moving in an out of his lungs, and the itching on Keith's scars became more bearable.

He glanced back to Ruu, they had turned back and was walking back to him and Sana. Keith sighed, everything was fine, the itching of his scars fading completely.

The raven peeked out, asking a silent question. They nodded, Keith silently climbed out of his hiding place. Sana followed him, racing past him hugging Ruu tightly. The half Galra chuckled softly, returning the gesture more gently.

Keith couldn't help but feel a twang of jealousy in his heart. Longing once again for Lance. He turned from the pair, covering it up with checking their surroundings, even though they all knew nothing was around.

"Come on, it won't be long before another patrol comes through," Ruu ordered, managing to get out of Sana's arms.
Keith nodded silently following them. Glancing up at the stars, wondering if the Castle was somewhere among the stars he could see.

A gentle hand rested on his shoulder.
"You will see your mate again," Ruu promised.
Keith smiled softly to them. Ruu nodded, taking the lead agian, scanning over the wrecked Galra ships, searching for the parts they needed.

The Paladin forced his head clear. He could think about his love later, and what it would feel like to hold him again later. Right now, he need to focus on keeping an eye out for guards while Ruu worked in the pods.

Kieth grabbed Sana's arm as the forgetful half breed started to wonder past him as they waited for Ruu. He also had to watch Sana too, her tendency to wonder had been something Ruu had expressed a great amount of concern about.

The Paladin sighed, trying to keep his eye on everything. There was no room for error. Longing for home was going to have to wait.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Sorry, I missed last week 😅 I had a few things to finish on this one. Then, we got kittens, I named mine Virgil, and I had a lot of school work, and I was sick, I'm better now, and then my kitten ran off, but he's back now, and I have not been having a good time with it, and frankly I had no motivation to do anything, I know that isn't a valid excuse, and I'm sorry.

Also, I may have slightly gotten addicted to My Hero Academia...

It's been a week and I'm on season 3...

I may also have fallen in love with kiribaku as a ship...

... I have an issue...

Anyway, sorry again for missing last week's update of this!

Fun Fact: rubbing where something itches can help, I have Celiac eczema, and that shit itches! The rubbing where it itches helps me some.

Have a lovely day / night!!!

✨🌟✨Weekly Positivity ✨🌟✨

When someone you love leaves, they're opening a place for someone else to step into.

No, they might not be able to fit in the hole the last person left. They might not fill it, but sometimes you get a happy suprise and they'll over fill it.

                  ~Rune♡♡♡