15

Y/n's pov

"Y/N-CHAN!!! FANCY MEETING YOU HERE! OH! YOU BROUGHT A FRIEND?" I quickly jerked my head to the side, seeing a not so quiet friend of mine. 

"E-excuse me Satoshi-San.. sorry but I think it's best to end our meet up now." I facepalmed. 

"Huh? Well, why do you say that.. I-it's not like i-I'm upset! I'm just curious.." he raised a brow. I only shook my head. "Turns out my friend is also here, don't want to cause any more noise for now, yeah?" I smiled 

"O-okay then, see you in school then yea? L/n-San." I nodded, he excused himself and left. 

Ayumi finally made her way to me. And if it wasn't for my mood being ruined once again, I'd probably wouldn't have mind. But it was different this time. 

"Wah.. he left?!" She gave a dumbfounded stare towards the door and looked back at me. "Y/n-Chan who's that? Who was that guy? Is he a friend? Boyfriend?" Then the last person I wanted to see popped up right behind her. Hinata.

I only sighed, it came out loud and annoyed. "Just a classmate, he offered to catch up on a book at the library, why are you here.." I looked over to the side. "If you wanted to come to the library with me you could've asked." I raised a brow. 

"O-oh! Well, Hinata needed help with.. with uh studying..?" I saw Hinata's facepalm from the corner of my eye. 

"That's funny, I thought, I was his tutor." I felt another pang in my chest, I don't know why it bothered me so much. Ayumi is my best friend, it was very rare that we'd have this sort of tension between us. But I was certainly not pleased with what was going on right now. 

"Uh well, no I mean.. it's a secret for now! I promise it'll be worth it! Just you wait and see." She gave me a wink. 

I was even more annoyed. "Ayumi, you interrupted my time with a friend, stole my 'student' and now you won't even tell what's going on?" I tried to lower my tone. It failed.

"You didn't even tell me who that 'friend' was, why should I even tell you then?" She started to suddenly yell. I was afraid of starting a fight, so I lowered my head, I didn't want to lose Ayumi..

I took a deep breath, "as I said, he's a friend, he's also a classmate, there's nothing else to know, I also told you how he offered to catch-up on some reading at the library, there, I only met him 2 days ago, it's only normal for me to not tell you right away, I'm sure most people wait a while to get to know them better." 

She nodded, I felt relieved. "Right, sorry, guess I made assumptions quickly, sorry, again Y/n-Chan, you're growing older." She cried crocodile tears and hugged me. Well basically threw herself onto me.

"Oof.. come on we're both the same age. It's getting late, the library is closing, come on, you big baby." I patted her head gently, kind of like a kitten hehe. 

She quickly got off me. "Actually I have to run an errand for someone, they asked me especially so, see ya later!" I was started.

Hinata's pov

Just as Ayumi-San got off of L/n she quickly whispered into my ear as she walked away. "You're welcome. Use this time wisely!!"

It was just me and Y/n now. "Hey L/n-San.." I smiled, I felt awkward at this point, moreover, I felt bad, I was being jealous over completely nothing at all, at least that obstacle is finally out of the way. 

"Hello, Hinata-Kun.." she sounded duller, not like the sweet voice from before. 

"Ah, you're wondering why I skipped our session right..?" I gulped. She only shook her head, giving me an apologetic smile. "You have your reasons right! But next time be sure to tell me." She gave me a thumbs up. 

Y/n you're absolutely killing me, and I love it. "Should we walk home together, we can take my bike haha." I offered. 

"Sure, I'm guessing one ride won't hurt." She giggled. 

"Hey, Hinata-Kun?" She tugged on my jacket sleeve gently. 

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I turned around and saw a few tears from her eyes.

"Pfft, how embarrassing of me, to be crying now." She wiped her tears. "I'm just hoping I didn't upset you or anything, I felt like I did something to make you skip. You mean a lot to me, it hurts when I know that you're upset with me." She laughed wiping away the rest of her still forming tears.

I gave her a gentle pat on the head, caressing her cheek. "L/n-San I want to tell you something, but I don't think it's the right time, so wait for me, please? I'd never be upset with you, I really didn't have a reason to skip, I actually missed you." I smiled at her. 

"I'll be waiting, it better be worth it." She pouted. "Thank you." L/n smiled. 

"We could go now.." she let go of my jacket sleeve. But I suddenly had the courage to hold her hand. 

"Sorry... it's just cold out, I don't want your hands to be cold.." I mumbled. I took her hand in mine and put it into my pocket.

"Hinata-Kun, I have pockets too." She laughed. I tried to hide my blushing face.

"W-well, it's warmer like this don't you think..?" I grasped a little more tightly as if it was the last time I would be able to see her. 

"I think it's better like this too."