21

Hinata's pov 

"Hinata-Kun, since we have some time to spare, do you think we could talk about something, important?"

...

As soon as those words escaped her lips, only two scenarios crossed my mind as she said "important". 

One, she probably now feels uncomfortable with how close we've gotten. Or two, she thinks we're rushing things. But she doesn't even know that I have feelings for her. To be completely honest, I'm just really confused, we're friends but she kissed me? Does she possibly have feelings for me as well? 

Well whatever it is, I'll just have to brace myself, as I made my way over to her, I received a text message, must be Ayumi-San, but the text can wait. 

"Yeah, sure. What's wrong?" I was clenching my fists in my pocket as I took the seat next to her. L/n turns around to face me, I was expecting a look of disappointment, but it was an apologetic smile, more of worry in it as well. 

She shook her head. "There's nothing wrong at all, I'm just wondering when's your next test?"

"My test? That's it? Was that the important thing?" I was completely overreacting, maybe the moments of us alone were getting to me or something.

L/n-San raises a brow. "Were you expecting something else, Hinata-Kun?" 

"N-No! Not at all! It was just that the tone of your voice, made it seem like something was wrong." I chuckled. "But my exams are in 3 more weeks, after that I can get back to playing!" I grinned and gave a thumbs up. 

"Let's not let these 3 more weeks of tutoring go to waste then!" She smiled at me. 

I felt a pang in my chest, 3 more weeks? 3 more weeks of spending time with L/n-San, I'd rather fail my tests to get more tutoring time with her. But that's why I just need to find the time to spend it with L/n.

"The storms getting worse.." it's been about 2 hours, it was already dark out. But to my surprise I haven't heard a word from L/n. "L/n-San..?" I look up from my phone hearing light snoring. 

She fell asleep, I can't get over how cute L/n looks right now, I took off my coat and placed it over her. I felt a bit creepy just looking at her, but who couldn't keep their eyes off a girl like this? I sure can't. 

Placing my head besides the hard cold table as well, I was now facing L/n, our faces only a few inches away from each other, I can already feel mine heating up by the minute just by being close to her, I can sense her sweet scent as well. 

"You sure you're not weirded out or anything? I kissed you on the cheek last evening too, I was sure you'd feel awkward around me or something."

Her kiss still lingers on me, and for some reason I can't stop thinking about it, it's like I'm being introduced to volleyball for the first time or something..

I took a deep breath, going even closer to L/n, you could say I was going to kiss her, but before I could even attempt to, I chickened out, and she opened her eyes. 

"H-Hinata..?! y-you're awfully close.. anything wrong...?" Neither of us moved, so we were still in this same awkward mishap. 

"Um well.." I tried to think of an excuse. I felt even more frustrated each time I tried. "Ah! screw it, L/n-San, I'm going to kiss you." Before she could respond, I placed my lips on hers, it lasted only 2 seconds, but it felt like pure bliss. 

Still shocked, she didn't say anything. 

"L-L/N-SAN, FORGIVE M-ME, I'M SUCH AN IDIOT." just as I was about to get off the chair to start bowing about a million times, she stopped me. 

"Pfft.. Hinata-Kun.. your face is priceless right now.." she bursted out laughing. 

I was more scared than surprised from her reaction, did she not realized that I just kissed her, I was most likely expecting a slap to the face.

"B-But I just kissed y-you!" It's like I'm actually being asked to get slapped in the face. 

"Didn't I kiss you before? W-well not o-on the lips, but it's a kiss right? What makes it any different.." she played with a strand of her hair, I always liked whenever she did that. 

My heart throbbed at that, it was crying to be free, I just want to tell L/n how I feel, but yet, it's still not the right time, with studying in the way, and our friendship on the line. How can I tell her now? 

I took a deep breath. "L/n-San, are you still waiting for me? Yesterday when I asked you to wait, so I could tell you something, are you still waiting?" I was serious.

"Didn't I tell you I'd be waiting? I'm very patient you know, whatever you want to say, I'm sure the wait is worth it." She gave me an assuring smile, which sort of calmed me down. 

"My exams are in 3 weeks, I'll tell you then." I clutched onto her smaller hands, and smiled. I'm definitely positive that's enough time to get even closer to L/n-San, now that we've spent a day and a half like this, I'm experienced a bit. 

"Like I said, I'll be waiting." She giggled. 

...

"Hey, did you hear that? Hinata-Kun! It stopped raining!"