34

Author's note: This chapter does have spoilers for the Haikyuu manga and light novel. So please read at your own risk! This story features Hinata in his 3rd year so spoilers are as heavy as they can get!

Hinata's pov

Kageyama never tells me anything.

He's going to V.league??!

If we're supposed to be partners how come he didn't tell me?

I clutched my fists. I need to improve more. More. More! I can't just sit here and wait for the change to come out of nowhere.

"You want to do what, kid?" Coach Ukai stared at me.

"I want to try beach practice!"

He raised a brow. "Oh? You mean beach volleyball?"

"I've... thought about it ever since the 2v2 practice during the first year training camp." I continued. "In beach volleyball, you have to protect a big court with just 2 people."

"Is there even any place where you could even do this kind of training in Japan...?" Ukai stood up.

"We've got some time, let's look into it."

"Hey, Shouyou! How was practice today?" (Y/n) hugged me from behind, surprising me. I didn't want to worry her since she's worrying about something else right now. So I decided to keep my problem to myself.

"Oh, it's going great!.." I didn't tell her about Kageyama going pro either. But I was excited over one thing.

"I'm gonna try something new!" Grinning, I hugged her back.

She chuckled. "Well what is it?"

"Beach Volleyball."

"Eh? I never heard of that... but that sounds fun." She smiled.

"Y-You never heard of it?" I pouted. (Y/n) let go after, starting to walk with me behind her.

"No, but, If you're this good now. Think of how much better you'll get then."

My eyes widen, she's right.

"When do you start this new thing? Your exams are coming soon, at least a week left." (Y/n) frowned.

I put my arm over her. "What are you nervous for, I'm the one taking it, and I'm not even nervous!" I laughed.

She looked up at me. "Not even one bit?"

"Nope." I grinned.

"Oh! Uh, Shouyou, I've been meaning to ask, if you wanted to come over? N-Not today but whenever, you're free..."

I blushed. But soon reality kicked in. "But your parents?"

"Hah, about that, during free period Ayumi kind of gave me this idea, and well..."She fiddled with her fingers, I always love it when she does that.

"She told me, instead of telling them that we're dating, I can just show them how good of a person you are, more like, getting them to like you before the big news..."

"S-So we're going to tell them eventually?" My eyes sparkled. It sounded weird, but I always wondered, if her parents end up liking me, more things can happen in the future, y'know.. like having a future with my girlfriend...

"I was always going to, Shouyou." (Y/n) giggled."Even if they don't like you, that won't stop anything between us." She assured me, I felt my cheeks turning pink again. How lucky am I to be with (Y/n).

"Hey, (Y/n)."

"Hm?" She looked up at me.

I struggled but managed to get the words out of my mouth. "I love you."

She laughed.

"W-What, did I say something funny?" I choked.

"You said it like it was nothing during our confession." She blushed. "But, I love you too. I realized I didn't say it that day, but I do."

(Time skip to next week, Monday.)

Me and Coach Ukai went to the Miyagi prefecture's first year training camp.

"There's one person, who switched from indoor to beach." Coach Washijō explained. "He's currently coaching a junior indoor team."

"Oh! As expected of coach Washijō!" The other man said. "Where's he coaching? Somewhere in the prefecture?"

"In Rio." He interrupted the man. "Rio De Janeiro." Ukai's eyes widen.

"B-Brazil..?! Don't you think that's a little—"

"I'll go!" The room went silent as soon as I spoke.

"First of all, take one year after graduation to carefully prepare yourself. The time limit is two years."

"T-Thank you very much!" I bowed down along with Coach Ukai.

But, before agreeing, I didn't think of the things I'd end up leaving behind for a while.

Well, someone to be exact.