29

Hinata's pov

"Oh come on, Hinata-Kun, it's just a sentence!!" (L/n) Motivated me into trying to get my work completed. But it was way too hard.

"This is what happens when you try to teach a fool." Kageyama sighed.

"You're no different from me." I stuck out my tongue, "Besides, you don't even take English this year!!"

"Oh well, sucks for you then."

 "Okay, okay, enough arguing, repeat after me, Hinata, 'Sucess is the sum of small efforts'" She looked down into her notebook while saying the words aloud. We've been doing this for a week already.

"S-Success is the sum o-of small...?" I've been embarrassing myself like this for a week as well. "Almost there..." She beamed.

Her smile was the only thing that kept me going. "of small.. efforts! Success i-is the sum of small efforts!" I was thrilled over my victory at this. "Wow!! (L/n)-San, we did it!!"

"You did it, Hinata." She chuckled.

"I-I guess that makes sense, but you helped so, thank you very much!"

"Well, we're only halfway through, so don't let your guard down!" (L/n) winked at me. I don't know if it was from that gesture, but my cheeks turned slightly red.

"Okay.. what next?"

"Why don't we look at the time?" Kageyama suggested I raised a brow and checked the clock. It was 5:30 pm already.

"Oh jeez, you're right, Kageyama-Kun." She laughed. "Session's over. I guess you both could get going now! Y'know, you're allowed to start practicing again." She smirked at both of us.

As much as I wanted to get back into the spirit of playing volleyball, I want to be with (L/n)-San just a bit more.

"Oh um (L/n)-San, I actually wanted to walk you home, you know, remember Saturday?" I heard Kageyama cough.

"You sure you guys aren't going out or anything..." He muttered and (L/n) almost choked.

"N-No! We just hung out on Saturday, well sort of a coincidence!" She chuckled. "Anyways, get going! We all have school again tomorrow!"

"You ready Hinata-Kun?" (L/n) asked. She agreed to walk home together, so here comes the moment of truth. Not a confession, but something that'll help us advance.

"Hinata?" My chain of thoughts broke.

"O-Oh! Well, before we go, I've been meaning to ask..." I gulped. "Want to hang out this Saturday? N-Not like a date or anything! But just us two, without all the studying! Oh god, I probably don't make sense do I? I'm so-"

"I loved to Hinata-Kun."

I was probably seeing stars right now because my mind couldn't even comprehend what I just heard.

"OH GOD, I THOUGHT YOU'D THINK I WAS WEIRD OR OR SOMETHING!!" I cried crocodile tears initiating a hug between the two of us.

She laughed. "Never in a million years you big goof, It'd be nice to hang out minus all those math equations and English sentences. Jeez, Hinata, since when do you hug so tightly." (L/n) giggled.

"If you think I'm letting go now, you're wrong." I felt my face heat up saying those words, there I go screwing things up again. But, I didn't hear (L/n) say anything, I just felt her arms hug me back.

"Better?" She laughed.

"(Y/n), I like you."