Chapter 32

I walk into the building, looking around to find Rafe. I peek around in different rooms, searching for my boyfriend.

"Mila?" I spin around, finding the source.

"Rafe!" I cry out. I walk toward him quickly, throwing my arms around his neck. He hugs me back, wrapping his arms around my waist. He pulls away, looking at me.

"Mi? What's wrong?" Rafe asks. A concerned look crosses his face. He reaches up to cup my cheek. His thumb runs underneath the cut that was on my face. I flinch at the pain that comes with it. His eyes travel to the hand shaped bruise forming on my arm. "What the hell happened?"

"We were pulled over. He pointed a gun right at John B's head. And- and he grabbed me and tried to take me." I was barely forming full thoughts. My mind was racing.

Rafe moves his hands to my shoulders. "Mila, slow down. Who?"

"Barry." My voice barely comes above a whisper. It shakes as I speak the boys name.

"He hit you?"

"Yes."

"I'm gonna kill him." An angry look crosses Rafe's face. I could tell he was instantly put into an aggressive move. He drops his hands from my shoulder. I see his fists clench by his sides.

"Rafe, no. I just, please just be here for me." I beg.

His face softens. He reaches back out to me, cupping my face. I knew I held a sad expression over my fave, causing him to worry. Rafe pulls me back against him, wrapping me in a tight hug.

A light sob escapes my throat. I clench onto his t-shirt in my fists. Rafe rubs a hand up and down my back.

"Mila, it's okay. Talk to me, baby."

"We did something bad." I shake my head against his chest. "JJ stole from him. $25,000."

"Mila, you stole from Barry?" Rafe asks angrily.

"No, I was just there. We tried to stop him, I promise. I had nothing to do with it, Cameron." More tears fall from my eyes. I was terrified of what would happen. Both with Barry and how Rafe would react.

"I believe you, all right? Relax." He tries to soothe my fear. "Baby, it's okay."

I pull away from him, looking up at his face. "I didn't know." Rafe wipes the tears that were rolling down my face.

"I know." Rafe grabs my hand. "Come on, let's chill and get you to relax a little." He leads me through the building, taking me outside to where his friends had been hanging out.

"Hey! Mila!" Topper yells, greeting me.

"Hi, Top." I say awkwardly. Last I had heard anything of him was when he pushed John B off the hawks nest.

The boys talk amongst themselves before working their way over to the server. I follow behind, wanting to stay close to Rafe.

"Uh, can you put this Cameron, Ward? Cameron,
W-A-R-D?" The woman nods, turning away. "Thank you, you're the best."

"Hey, bro. Do you think you-know-who are scronking yet?" Kelce asks the boys, referencing Sarah and John B.

"Shut yo—" Topper starts but Kelce cuts him off, continuing with the teasing.

Kelce claps, making sexual jokes. "What's that sound? What's that? They're making that sound."

"You think I wanna hear this right now?" Topper asks annoyed.

"Come on." Rafe says.

"Why?" Kelce asks.

"I'm trying to get my mind off things." Topper announces. "You think I wanna hear this right now, Rafe?" Rafe tosses a beanbag from the cornhole set they were playing with. Topper smacks it to the ground, angrily.