1

Celestial, the girl with the emerald green eyes,frizzy red hair, and a fiery temper to match. Not a lot of people could put up with Celestial, but Billie can. In fact, Billie has been Celestial's only friend.
You see, the outgoing, confident, eighteen year old wasn't always so outgoing. That was until she met Billie when they where both eight years old.
-Ten years ago-
"Hi! My name is Billie!" Billie said, holding out her hand for the new neighbor kid to shake. Celestial just stood there acting like she saw a ghost. "What's your name?" Billie says again but only getting a deer in the headlights look in return. "Well, you don't have to talk if you don't want too. Oh! I know! You can write your name for me! I'll be right back!" And then off she went, running through the grass back to her house. Her short hair whips through the wind and she almost trips over her boots a few times. Billie rushes inside, grabs a pencil and a notebook then goes back out. "I got it!" She shouts waving the notebook in the air. "Okay, here we can talk this way if you want!" Billie says once she reaches her new friend. The little red-haired girl hesitantly takes the notebook and gently writes out.
C E L E S T I A L
Then hands it back to Billie and smiles. Billie takes a look at it then writes back, "That's such a pretty name!"
They spent the rest of the day sitting under the tree exchanging notes and that's how they met.
In case you didn't know, Celestial has selective mutism. Billie didn't mind, she was content with just writing notes for now.
She could do enough talking for the both of them. Billie has always been quite the chatterbox and doesn't leave a lot of room for others to talk. You'd think that she'd have lots of friends with such an out going personality but it's actually the exact opposite. A lot of kids think that Billie is rude because of how often she talks over everyone, she doesn't mean to though! The kid just has a lot to say and that's why Celestial might just be the person she's needed all along.

A/N: hi I've been editing this and rewriting it for the last time to make it longer. Hope y'all enjoy