9

It's 2:15 AM when Celestial is awakened in a cold sweat from a night terror. Her heart is racing and she starts to cry with out making a sound. Billie remains asleep until she feels tear drops hit her hand. Billie gently grabs Celestial's hand to let her know it's okay but with out scaring her. "I'm here, it's okay you're safe." Billie calmly says.
Celestial moves just enough so she can face Billie and rest her head in her shoulder. "I'm sorry for waking you..." Celestial whispers.
"Aw baby, you have no need to be sorry. You should've woken me up sooner! Did you have a bad dream?" Billie asks. She strokes Celestial's red curly hair and kisses the top of her head. "I.. I think so. I don't remember." She responds then looks into Billie's eyes for some sort of comfort.
"Well, you're here with me, you're safe, nobody can hurt you now." Billie says, then takes her thumb to brush the tears off her girlfriend's cheek, "no one is going to hurt you anymore. I'm here, I'm here." She coos. Celestial starts to catch her breath and becomes more grounded as Billie continues to repeat "no one is going to hurt you anymore. I'm here, I'm here."
After a few moments Billie asks,"did you want me to run you a bath?" And to that Celestial responds with,"No! No, please... please just stay with me. Stay here. Don't go. Don't leave me."
Billie rolls onto her back from her side, "I'm here baby girl, I'm not going anywhere." She says. Celestial blushes and the pet name Billie has given her then scoots herself closer and places her head on Billie's chest. Then she wraps her arm, and then her leg around Billie before drifting back to sleep while Billie strokes her back.

As tired as Billie is, she doesn't allow herself to fall asleep yet. She stays awake, humming random melodies and making sure the beautiful girl laying on top of her is okay. She only knows a small fraction of what Celestial has been through over the past 18 years she's been alive. Even just that knowledge is enough to make anyone doubt and then lose faith in humanity. She quietly reaches over to the side table next to her and grabs her phone.
She texts her mom,

Billie: "Hi mom! We are here and are okay. We might not be back for a while but I just wanted to warn you I have a lot to update you on in the morning. Love you"

Maggie responds with in a matter of seconds

"Oh thank god! I've been worried about you two all night. I look forward to hearing what you want to tell me. Now, get some rest you must be exhausted. I love you, you're a good friend Billie. I'm so proud to call you my daughter. Goodnight!"

A/N: thanks for reading! Feedback is always appreciated