2

-still a flashback-
"No! No!" Billie laughs, "Not like that let me show you." Billie brushes her hair that's cut short, about to her shoulders with purple dye on one half.
The girls where in Billie's front yard trying to make friendship bracelets and hair wraps with the string. "Can I help you put it around your hair?" Billie asks. Celestial nods her head yes. "Okay what colors? You can pick two.. Or three it doesn't matter really." Billie asks her new friend. Celestial carefully looks over all the colors and picks a green, purple, and white same as Billie has. "Okay perfect!" Billie says then moves in closer to Celestial. She grabs her friend's head and abruptly jerks it to the side, "Sit still alright?" Billie tells the girl with red hair sitting in front of her.
While Billie wraps the string around a section of Celestial's hair, Maggie comes outside with a sandwich and fruit for each of the girls. "Oh that's looking good girls!" Maggie tells them while she sets the plates down. Celestial still has her notebook so she opens it and writes, "Thank you Mrs. O'Connell." and shows it to Maggie. Maggie bends down closer to read it, "You're welcome but there is no need to thank me. You call me Maggie if you want." She says. Celestial smiles and nods her head. Just then, a bird flies from the tree and lands right next to Celestial. "well, while won't you look at that. You're just like a princess, like snow white. You know, animals can sense when people have kind spirits. You must be a pretty special girl to have the trust of this bird." Maggie whispers. The small bird hops right into Celestial's hands and then Billie shouts, "no way! That's so cool!" scaring the bird away. "Billie!" Maggie says. Celestial takes a bite of her PB&J then writes.
"that's okay, it happens sometimes"
The two girl spend the rest of the afternoon eating their lunch and wondering the yard. Soon the sun starts to go down and Celestial knows that's her sign to go home. Billie tightly hugs her friend goodbye and Celestial is as stiff as a board. "Here let me help you." Billie says and grabs one of celestial's arms and placing it around her waist and doing the same with the other. "There! Now squeeze Andy that's a hug." Billie says with a smile. She found it obscured that someone could not know how to hug! She was sure all 8 year olds could hug.
The two of them have quickly become inseparable, it's hard to get them to leave each other when is me for bed. Celestial face becomes more sad and somber when she sees the sun starting to set. She loved Billie and Billie's family, their house was the happiest place on earth to her. Billie asks her if she could spend the night but Celestial quickly writes,
"NOT ALLOWED" with a sad face drawn next to it.
They can see each others room from their bedrooms though and Billie came up with the idea of learning Morris code and using flash lights to talk to each tower that way.
So, they have been practicing Morris code so they can talk with the flashlight until they fall asleep. Patrick even got them each their very own book on to help them with their learning. Giggles fill Billie's room as her and her friend talk back and forth through their windows Celestial loves it too, it's like their own special language that only they know. It made her feel safe and comfortable knowing no one else had to know what they where saying.