Epilogue

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" Hamilton asked.

"Yes!" Dorothy smiled. Hamilton waited at the front of their house for the bus with Dorothy. When it arrived Hamilton kissed Dorothy's cheek and Jefferson waved from the front door, smiling. Dorothy waved back and ran onto the bus.

Jefferson walked up to Hamilton and handed him a cup of coffee. 

"How are you doing?" Jefferson asked, taking a sip of the coffee.

"I'm doing good. How about you?"

"Remember seven years ago when I killed Charles Lee?" Jefferson asked. Hamilton gasped. 

"O-Of course I do!" Hamilton said, stunned. "Why are you talking about this now? Did something happen?"

"I was just thinking about it," Jefferson sighed, fulmbling with his wedding ring. "I mean, we haven't talked about it for almost five years, since we got Dorothy. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's my everything, but I feel like we can't talk about serious stuff anymore since we got her."

"Well, she's going to be at school for six hours, five days a week, so we can talk then." 

"Okay." Jefferson drapped his arm around Hamilton's shoulders as they walked back into their home. "You know," Jefferson said, sitting on the couch. "I'm really happy."

"I know," Hamilton chuckled, kissing Jefferson. 

And he was. Both of them were.