𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

New Jersey, The Next Day, 10:45 am
Rhiya's House

Rhiya's POV
"Just put it in already Kai!"

"I'm trying! It's leaking!"

"Just push it! It's not gonna hurt!" I laugh.

He rolled his eyes and put the straw into the slushie. Some of the drink overflowed onto the lid of the cup when he tried to push the straw in. He picked me up early in the morning and we went to Wawa.

I took a bite of my chicken wrap and set it down on my lap so I could help him with the straw.

"You love them chicken wraps." He laughs.

"They're so good! You wanna try some?"

"Sure." I gave him my wrap and he took a huge bite out of it. "Why are you looking at me like I killed your dog right in front of you?" He laughed.

"Cause you basically did! You can't just eat that much!"

"It's good though." He went to take another bite and I grabbed it from him.

"It's ok baby, you're all mine now." I said to my wrap.

"Your weird." He laughs. "Sooo?"

"What?"

"It's been over a year! What've you been doing?"

"Oh, not much. Just school, home, and sleep." I lie.

"Hmm, what's that?" He asked pointing to faint bruise I had on my jaw.

"What's what?" I ask playing dumb.

"Look." He held out his phone with the camera up.

"Oh shit, I don't know. Maybe something happened in my sleep?" I laugh. He didn't look like he entirely believed me, but he didn't say anything about it.

"Damn, I shouldn't have said anything." He says a few minutes later.

"What do you mean?"

"You're quiet again. You were finally starting to be how I remembered you and then I mentioned the bruise."

"What are you talking about Kai? I'm the same as before."

"Nah, something's off." I shrugged and took the last bite of my food. "I know what you're missing... Mattia." I choked on my food and he laughed.

"Who?"

"Yeah, you guys are definitely meant for each other. That's exactly what he said when I mentioned your name."

"You guys were talking about me?" He nodded and took a sip of his slushie. "Why though?" I whined.

"Stop acting like a baby, it's ok. He was telling me all about how he wanted to see you."

"Really?" I say surprised. I'm actually kind of relieved that he doesn't hate me. I don't know why... it's not like we're ever gonna have another chance together.

"No. He actually doesn't wanna see you, but the way you reacted is enough for me to know that you miss him."

"I don't-"

"Yes you do. It's ok though, you guys were close. It's not weird for you to miss him."

"I don't miss him Kai. Besides, we were just friends."

"Friends that like each other. I still ship it."

"That ship has sunk." I grabbed his slushie and took a large sip.

This is gonna be a long day.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───