Stupid nerd (17)

Bakugo P.O.V.

It's almost been three days since Deku had started growing. Just yesterday Mr. Aizawa told us we could finally see him but due to some complications, they had to take him to the hospital instead of letting him ride it out here at the dorms. At first it was a little worried something happened but the slug reassured us and I felt a bit better.

That was last night. It's now 9 am. I ate breakfast and got ready.

"Okay phone, earbuds, flowers ordered..."

"Oh, flowers? For who? Midoriya?"

"AHHH!"

"Fucking shitty hair! Don't do shit like that. Fuck. You scared the absolute shit out of me. Oh fuck..."

I sighed out grabbing my knees to help calm me down. He really did catch me off guard.

"Woah man you good?"

"No shitty hair. You scared me. But other than that I'm fine."

I fished my phone out my pocket to check the time. My eyes widened.

"Shit, I gotta go. See you later sharks!"

I waved at kirashima and ran out the the school dorms. I had ordered a taxi last night so when I arrived outside it was already waiting there for me.

"Hi, could you stop at this flower shop first be before we go to the hospital?" I asked showing the driver the flower shop address which was on my phone. He nodded and I buckled up. The drive was about twenty minutes in total. Ten to arrive at the flower shop and ten to get to the hospital.

Once I checked in I decided to go up the stairs since it was faster.

"Today. Today I'll tell him." I thought with a happy grin. I stood in front with his door calming down. Once I was ready I knocked.

"Come in..."

This is it. "I opened the door and walked in with the flowers to my chest with a bright smile.

"Hey Deku!" I happily expressed. But, as my eyes traced over his body I realized that he wasn't fine. First of all, he was in a chair with his legs and arms bandaged. He had dark colored eye bags. His hair was messy and frizzled. He looked up at me with one of the phoniest smiles I've ever seen.

"Deku...why are you all wrapped up like a damn present?" I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Ah, since my bones were like a childs and then suddenly grew back to their original size, I tore a lot of muscles. Nothing to worry about. I'm gonna get them fixed but once my body regains strength." He explained. I felt a bit of relief but that wasn't the whole truth.

"Give me your arms." I expressed trying to keep my cool.

"What?" He questioned .

"I said give me your arms!" I raised my voice a bit showing him I was serious.

"You know what, just fuck off Katsuki." He shook his head and turned around in his wheelchair ignoring me.

I threw the flowers to the ground and chased after him. Granted in took me about three big steps but I still chased after him. I grabbed the handle of the wheel chair and make him turn around.

"HEY LET-" He exclaimed but I cut him off now pissed. "Shut up nerd."

I grabbed his wrist which he reluctantly pulled back but he was still to weak. I unwrapped the bandages making him whine in pain. He was right about the tearing but forgot to mention one more thing.

"Izuku. What is this shit? I thought you stopped this bullshit in middle school!" I tightened my grip on his wrist making him jolt in pain and pull his arm back. I look down to see him pulling his wrist away. I let go and squat down so were eye to eye.

"How did you even know?" He asked looking away. I gently put my hand on his cheek making him look at me. When our eyes meet I gave him a nice warm smile. "Because I just do."

We sat in complete silence for a good minute, then I saw his eyes. His eyelids were starting to turn pink. He was holding back tears. I sigh and rub his cheek.

"Let it out."

Just like that he was bursting tears. He didn't bother wiping them he just let them trail down his cheeks until they hit his lap. Seeing this scene in front of me was, familiar yet so so different. I've seen him cry many times but this time, it was just more heartbreaking.

I stand up and scoop my hands under his legs trying to be as gentle as I could. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I pick him up carrying him bridle style. He dug his face into my chest still crying hysterically. I didn't really care though.

I sat on the hospital bed and fixed our position so it would be easier to hug and cuddle Izuku. Once I was in the right position I hugged Izuku back which made him fee more relaxed. We stayed in the position until his tears and sobs quieted down.

He lifted his head up revealing his now pink puffy eyes and looked at me.

"Thanks kacchan. I-I really needed that." He smiled at me. This time a true smile.

"Anytime."

We continue to talk in this position for a bit longer but I didn't mind but this one question kept bugging me. Deku never cut unless he felt like he needed to be forgiven or he wanted to forget. I should know. But...which one was it?

For what reason did Deku feel the need to cut again? Which reason was the reason he felt he needed to cut?