Goodbye freckles (27)

His cold thumb traced over my tears wiping them away. Even thought I had promised I wouldn't cry, he still managed to do this to me.

"There there Freckles, don't cry now. You're the number 1 hero!" His voice was weak but he sounded genuinely happy which also made me smile.

"God, you know I'm about to kill you right?" I chuckled but yet still managed to choke at the end of my sentence.

"Aww come on now, dont be such a downer~" He laughed softly, punching my chest playfully.

I gently and carefully grabbed his wrists and pulled them closer to me.
I stared into his eyes once again, his ruby color had gone away again, dimmed down. I let go of his hand and laid my head in his chest. The same warmth that I loved so much as a child came back.

"Izuku...you know this looks really wrong, in so many ways. Numberer one hero cuddling with number one villain. A buff 27 year old hugging a 36 scrawny year old man. Oh I can imagine the headlines now~" He teased me once again which made me pick myself up.

"Wow, and I'm over here putting in the effort to make your last seconds memorable with your beloved Freckles." I told him sarcastically.

"No, my beloved Freckles was a small kid with untamed hair. You however are a muscle giant who still acts like a baby." He chuckled and lifted up his hand to rub my hair.

After a couple seconds we stayed in comfortable silence. Peacefully staring at each other. That was when I felt this feeling in my gut.

It said 'Do it'

'Do it now'

'He wants you to do it now'

I looked around me, Spinner's sword was now broken in half, the tip of the blade was the nearest weapon so I grabbed it and gripped onto it tightly.

I cocked my arm up with the blade ready to thrust it in his chest when his hand lifted up. This made me stop completely in my tracks

"Freckles, I just want you to know-"

"Shiggy what are you doing?"

"That you were the light of my life-"

"Shiggy..."

"I will and forever love you."

"Shiggy please..."

"You did a great job, I'm so proud of you-"

"NO! NO! Dont you dare finish that sentence!" Tears gushed out my eyes and landed on his cheeks as his hovering hand loomed over his chest very closely. Soon it hovered above his heart.

"Once again Izuku, you did an amazing job proving yourself and changing the world."

"Shiggy!"

"Shiggy please!"

"Goodbye Freckles..."

"SHIGGY! SHIGGY!"

"SHIGGGGGGYYYYYY!"

His looming hand fell and landed right above his heart. All his left side started to completely decay slowly. It soon started reaching his right side but before his face completely decayed, he gave me one last sweet smile.

Soon I was just sitting on a pile of ash. I clenched my jaw as tears spilled out of my eyes, I didn't even try holding it back. I dug my hands into the ash, picking it up and watching it slide through the spaces between my finger. After a while my body seemed to be frozen.

I opened my moth, lip quivering. I wanted to let it out. I needed to let it out. Not even seconds later, my back arched and my head was thrown back. A loud, long, and painful wail escaped my throat. Then another, and another. Each one echoed throughout the walls and bouned back towards me.

It felt like decades had past but only minutes, maybe seconds. How the hell should I know? I was in my feels. But since I was so deep in my feels I hadn't realized how tired I was because as soon as I felt my throat clog up and my eyes felt sore, I had collapsed right on Shiggy.

"I'm sorry Shiggy...I'm just so tired...."
I shut my puffy eyes and before I knew it, I was asleep.

Splat Splat Splat

My eyes and my lips twitched by this little object that kept hitting my face. I sluggishly opened my eyes to be greeted with the beginning of a sunrise, along with rain. Huh. How fucking cliche this is.

"Its already sunrise... How long have I been out here?" I mumbled to myself but then I felt something underneath me. It felt like...sand?

Suddenly all the memories of yesterday flashed threw my head like some type of movie. I looked down and I felt the same burning sensation at my eyes. I wanted to cry again, but no. I traced my hands all over my body trying to find it.

"Ah, here it is." I opened the small tube's cap and emptied out its contents. Once it was empty I blew into the bottle making it dry quicker. Once it was dry, I grabbed a handful of his ashes and carefully slid it all into the bottle.

I let myself fall back onto the ground, a puff of dirt engulfing me. I clenched the bottle in my hands as I stared into the cotton candy sky.

"God, your such an idiot...Shiggy." I clenched the tube tighter, starting to drift back asleep. But that was rudely interrupted by the sound of a chopper and Eri's voice.

"DEKU! THERE YOU ARE! WHAT HAPPENED?" She yelled at me through the microphone that he had clenched in her hand. I chuckled and slowly pulled myself up off the ground. I was covered in blood, cuts, dirt, and my cheeks were tear stained.

"Here take this and let's go to the hospital! You had us all worried sick! You're a moron you know that!" She puffed out angrily as she threw a rope ladder down towards me. I chuckled and looked up at her with warm eyes.

"Yeah I know, but you still love me! Isn't that right~" I teased her as I put the tube away and climbed onto the ladder but stayed on it once I was halfway up.

"Come on, let's go home. I'm tired." I chuckled. She nodded and signaled for the pilot to continue and go home.

The wind blew in my face, letting my messy hair flow behind me.

"We did it Shiggy. We changed the world."