Let the battle begin (25)

At the flick of his hand everyone charged at me. With ease I was able to block their attacks but with the 6 of them, it was hard.

"Battle plan first. Kurogiri is making their attacks harder to dodge so I gotta take him out first!" With that I lunched myself towards him and reached behind me grabbed the new and improved quirk blocker cuffs from my back pocket.

Just as I put one cuff on the first hand, his fog started to disappear revealing his human- what I thought were human parts. Once I heard and felt the click of the second cuff I felt a thin spatter of liquid hit my face making me flinch.

I slowly looked up at Kurogiri and saw a knife in his throat. A cardiac artery was hit so he started to bleed out very quickly on me. I tried to cover his neck the best I could but within 10 seconds he had already died.

I stared at his limp body for what felt like an eternity but what was probably 30 seconds. I took the knife from his neck and knew exactly who it belonged to. I whipped my head around with tears in my eyes to face Toga but to my surprise, she was crying too. So was everyone else.

"Listen. We've been at this for far too long. If you thought we were gonna come peacefully, and alive at that too, you got another thing coming your way. Be prepared."

Shiggy's voice was cold but sad. He didn't face us during his announcement, he just faced the moon.

I shook my head softly in disagreement. My tears tripped down onto the blade sliding down, mixing with his blood. I sniffled softly as I looked up at the rest of them.

"Then come at me with everything you got..."

I cocked my arm back and returned the knife to Toga. As it flew it was a small whish sound. The knife was embedded deep in her left thigh. I could tell she wanted to shriek but she kept a straight face.

With an almost inaudible whine she pulled the knife out. I got off of Kurogiri, finally. I picked him up and gently placed him in a small corner. I got up and wiped the tears from my eyes but my gaze was still focused on his body. In the blink of an eye I vanished and appeared behind her.

I heard her breath hitch, I grabbed her chin and head and leaned in.

"I'm sorry. I love you so so much. I always loved you and always will."

Just as I was about to twist her neck, I felt someone tackled me from behind. I let go of Toga and grabbed onto the person behind me. Once I had a good hold of me them, I shifted my body weight and hauled them onto the floor in front of me knocking the wind out of them.

It was Jin. Thought so. He was protecting her. Of course. He always has. Through the corner of my eye I saw another one of Toga's blade whip through the air, aiming for Twice but now was I gonna let that happen again. They said that I was worthy enough to kill them, so let me say goodbye to my family myself.

I put my hand in front of the knife, making it go directly through my palm. I groaned at the pain but didn't mind it. I almost immediately pulled it out and tackled Jin. He toppled to the floor with me ontop of him. I flipped him over, locking his legs with mine, pressing his neck down shoving his face in the cement and sharp rocks.

"I love you Jin. I'm so sorry I need to do this."

"I know Zuzu, just do it."
His voice was calm and soothing. Oh god I wish it didn't have to end like this.

I brought the knife up, then slammed it into his spine. I twisted the knife then pulled it out and then once again thrusted the blade into his back behind his heart.

"I love you Zuzu..." was the last this he said to be before his heart had stopped. I took the blade out and threw it somewhere. I didn't know where, I just threw the damn thing.