1.2

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Stay out of my business."

~~~~~

The Room was grand and darkly lit despite the large piles of rubbish that covered most of the windows. The silhouette of my small thin shadow cast onto the floor as I strutted through the Room of Requirement until I found what I was looking for. In front of me stood the tall piece of furniture that was being covered by a fairly large cloth. Pulling off the red-colored fabric, dust, that had been collecting, arose into the air causing me to cough. Swatting away the rest of the loose particles, I analyzed the vanishing cabinet.

The first time I'd seen one of the cabinets was at Borgin and Burkes when I went with my mother, the Death Eaters, and my aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange. That time was really the first time I had seen my aunt in person since, up until now, she's been locked up in Azkaban.

My job, according to Bellatrix, was to mend the vanishing cabinet that was at Hogwarts to be able to give the Death Eaters a passageway into the school. They would enter through the cabinet in Borgin and Burkes and would appear here in the school. Once they were here, they would leave me with the task I wish I hadn't been given.

Placing an apple inside the cabinet, pointing my wand steadily, I began to speak the incantation, "Harmonia Nectere Passus." I had been given instructions on how to repair the cabinet, but I knew that it would not take just one incantation to fix the damaged furniture. I opened the cabinet doors to see that the apple was gone. I repeated the incantation twice, opening the doors once again, this time the apple had reappeared, but it had a large bite mark on the side of it.

Strange.

***

Quietly, I entered the Gryffindor common room using the Disillusionment Charm so that I wouldn't be noticed if someone was in the room. "Revelio!" Hermione said standing up from the couch, pointing her wand in my direction. Soon enough, I was able to be seen once again. "What are you doing sneaking around?" She asked.

"Nothing of importance. I wasn't tired so I snuck out, but I'm not trying to get caught by Filch or his silly little cat so I camouflaged myself." I lied. She didn't look convinced at all which worried me. I didn't want her to know what I was involved in, hell I didn't even want to be involved.

"You're lying." She said analyzing my face. "I'm going to find out what it is that you're hiding."

"Hermione, please," I begged for her to drop the subject. She gave in and the two of us went up to the dormitory together.

As I laid in bed attempting to fall asleep, I was haunted by the dark thoughts of what I was being forced to do. By the end of this year, Dumbledore would be dead, and I would be the reason as to why. If not, then He would kill me and Draco, even if Draco wasn't involved at all. I'm not just doing this for me, I'm doing this for my brother. The only other person who has cared for me in this world.

Recently he's thought of me as heartless, but I would disagree. I just didn't want him in this mess.

So that's what I'm doing. I'm not lying to him, I'm just protecting him from the truth. Protecting him from the harsh reality that our lives will never be the same after this year. Life as we know it is going to change.

All I wonder is if I'm still going to be alive when it does.