2.3

"Seraphina

"Seraphina...you are no assassin."

~~~~~

It was night time at Hogwarts. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling counting down the minutes that went by. When I felt that the time was right, I met up with Draco in the Room of Requirement. "I don't care what happens, but this is my job, not yours," I said grabbing him by his shirt.

"You're scared-" He began to speak before I cut him off.

"Do you understand?" I asked through gritted teeth pushing away the fact that I was scared. I was terrified, but I had to do it, I had to kill Dumbledore. He nodded as I let go of the tight grasp I had on his shirt. I turned to the vanishing cabinet that was stood in front of us. Taking off the large cloth that was covering the cabinet, the handles began to turn. I felt my nerves start to build up as the two of us watched as the black smoke began to pour out through the opening. the reality of what I was being asked to do finally settled in.

I hadn't realized I was still standing there until Draco spoke, "Go." He said. I left the Room of Requirement, alone, making my way carefully up to the top of the astronomy tower. Pointing my wand, I stepped out of the darkness and into the clearing; on the other side of the room, Dumbledore stood watching as I approached.

"Good evening, Seraphina. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" He asked cautiously.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." I yelled.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Seraphina?" He asked. I hesitated to speak not knowing how to respond. "Seraphina...you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Sera. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak...because your heart can't really have been in them." He said. I felt myself begin to lower my wand, and fought against it, holding it straight out.

"He trusts me. I was chosen." I said pulling up my sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark on my arm. He looked at the mark almost completely in shock but remaining a calm demeanor.

"I shall make it easy for you." He said beginning to raise his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" I said the incantation, watching his wand fly out of his hand. my hand became really unsteady as it started to shake from the nerves.

The sound of a door opening and closing echoed throughout the tower. "You're not alone. There are others." Facing back in his direction, he asked me how they were there.

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement," I explained to him. My heartbeat started racing even faster than it had already been knowing that my mission was almost complete. "I've been mending it."

"Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin."

"In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage." I could tell that he was stalling. He was trying to get me to lower my wand. I wanted to, I really wanted to, but I knew that I couldn't.

"Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you." That was the first time I've ever admitted it out loud. "Or he's gonna kill me."