1.3

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I didn't do anything to stop you from dying

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I didn't do anything to stop you from dying."

~~~~~

The next morning, trudged into the Great Hall, sitting down at the Gryffindor table. I was exhausted due to the lack of sleep I've received. Other than no sleep, I can admit that I haven't been eating either. "Are you okay? You look extremely ghastly." Hermione said examining my pale face.

Harry and Ron's attention was caught as they turned to analyze me as well. "I'm fine," I said sitting up straight rather than my previous slouching position. The group of three looked at me unconvinced. "What?" I asked looking between each of their concerned faces.

"You do look rather skinny. Have you not been eating?" Harry asked. I raised my eyebrow at his question rolling my eyes.

"That's ridiculous. I think you need to get new glasses." I said crossing my arms. "See," grabbing my utensils in each hand, I began to cut a piece out of a pancake, eating it. After finishing the entire pancake, I felt ill. "Pardon me." Excusing myself from the table, I rushed to the nearest bathroom I could find.

Locking myself in a stall, I threw up the previously forced down food. When I was done, I sat on the ground feeling absolutely miserable. I rolled up my left sleeve running my fingers across the Dark Mark that was tattooed on my forearm. A feeling of anger washed over me. I hated the fact that I had to be apart of this, I guess that's what being a Malfoy entitles. I punched the stall door beside me out of frustration causing me to wince in pain. I looked down at my now red knuckles that I'm pretty sure were now broken.

I decided on going to Madam Pomfrey so she could examine my hand. "Oh dear, what did you do to your hand?" She asked.

"Some bloody first year dropped a large book on it while I had my hand on a desk." She nodded her head as she wrapped it with a bandage. My hand wasn't broken, but it was sprained.

"There, it should be healed in a week or two. I suggest you start eating as well, you look unhealthily thin." She suggested.

***

I found myself standing in front of the Mirror of Erised instead of being in bed since it was past curfew. In the reflection, I saw myself and only myself; not Draco, nor my parents, only me. My left arm where the Dark Mark was supposed to be, was back to how it had been before. After spending some time in there, I decided to go back into the Room of Requirement to attempt the mending process once again.

Walking through the dark corridors, I heard someone's footsteps coming in my direction. Not knowing what to do, I went in the opposite direction of where I was headed. As I was attempting to get away from whoever it was that was pacing the corridor, I was pulled into a corner. Whoever had just grabbed me, covered my mouth so that I couldn't scream. I struggled to get out of their grasp until they finally spoke, "Stop moving." The familiar voice said. Using the Wand-Lighting Charm, I was able to see my brother towering over me through the darkness.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered ripping his hand away from my mouth. He rolled his eyes at me before speaking.

"Saving you from getting caught out of bed past curfew." He said. Once it was clear, he dragged me all the way back to the Gryffindor Tower. When we finally reached the entrance to my common room, Draco still hadn't let go of my arm. "What happened to your hand?" He asked looking at my bandaged hand. Realizing what arm he was holding up, I attempted to pull myself away from him before my sleeve could roll up revealing the mark on my forearm.

"It's nothing, let go of me." Noticing my sudden resistance, as well as how I was looking at the spot on my arm, he began to try and pull down my left sleeve. I fought him but it was practically impossible since he was almost a foot taller and a lot stronger than I was. Successfully revealing my arm, he looked down horrified at the Dark Mark. His eyes shifted up to my saddened face. I could see all the confusion that danced crossed his face. His mind was probably running wild at the thought of me being a Death Eater.

"This is what you've been hiding?" He asked quietly almost as if he were ashamed to be related to me. I knew that he would have to find out one way or another, but I hadn't imagined it being like this. My throat tightened as I felt myself choking up trying to form some type of explanation. I eventually gave up trying to hold back my emotions and began to break down. I felt like such an idiot for giving into Him. But if I hadn't I would be dead right now. As I stood there crying, Draco pulled me into a warm, loving, hug. He held the back of my head, resting his chin on the top, letting me cry into his chest.

"I'm sorry." I choked. Pulling away slightly, he looked at me confused as to what I was apologizing for.

"For? You didn't choose to be apart of that. I know you didn't, you would never."

"But I did." He pulled away completely, looking me up in down as if he didn't even know me anymore. He began to walk away from me. "Draco, I did it for you!" I yelled not believing that he was actually upset about this. I watched as he stopped in his tracks, turning around to face me. He gave me a look to continue with my explanation. "If you did it and didn't complete your task He would kill you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I didn't do anything to stop you from dying. You're my brother and built-in best friend, if something happened to you I would go completely insane." I explained.

His face softened as he walked up to me pulling me into another hug. "You're an idiot Seraphina, but what would I do without you?" He joked, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"Nothing, you'd be dead already," I replied sarcastically, playfully punching his shoulder. The two of us chuckled before we realized that we had to get to bed before getting caught.

"Goodnight Draco," I said before entering the common room.

"Goodnight Sera."