2.2

"Do you think that I chose to do that? I don't make the rules

"Do you think that I chose to do that? I don't make the rules."

~~~~~

About three days had passed since Draco and I returned back to Hogwarts. During the time back, I spent a lot of time in the Room of Requirement mending the vanishing cabinet, except I wasn't alone anymore; Draco had gone with me. He allowed himself to be used as one of His pawns. Before we had left home, he showed me the Dark Mark that was tattooed on his left forearm; identical to mine as well as the one that all the Death Eaters had. Obviously, I was furious at first, but there was nothing I could now.

Entering the Great Hall, I began to make way through the row of tables when my attention was caught by a boy and a girl standing a couple of feet away from me. Harry turned to look at me as soon as she did. Soonly enough I realized who the girl was; Katie Bell. I turned back around shoving past other students as I tried to get out of the hall as quickly as possible.

Speed walking through the castle, I started to loosen the stupid tie around my neck. Finding an empty bathroom, I stood in front of the sink washing my face off. I looked into the mirror realizing all the horrible things I've had to do. I was disgusted with myself, but it was something I would have to live with forever now. I closed my eyes, feeling a tear run down my cheek followed by more until I was sobbing. "I know what you did, Sera. You hexed her, didn't you?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I looked up, turning around to be met with Harry Potter standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"You have no idea what you're talking about!" I yelled through gritted teeth.

"After Slughorn's party, I overheard you tell Snape about it." He said.

"Don't," I warned.

"You gave her the hexed necklace to give to Dumbledore!"

"Do you think I wanted to do that?!" I yelled walking up to him so that we were a mere foot apart. "Do you think that I chose to do that? I don't make the rules." I said coldly. "It's what I have to do. If not, then I don't deserve bearing my family's name." Rolling up my sleeve, I revealed the scarred letters that were cut into my arm. "You don't understand what it's like," I said brushing past him.

"Then help me understand." He said causing me to stop walking.

Turning to him I asked, "Why?"

"Because I know that deep down, this isn't who you are."

"Well, I guess I've changed," I whispered.

"No, you haven't. You're being forced." He said grabbing my arm pulling up my sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark. "That is not who you are, you know that!"

"It's not like I have a choice, Harry!" I yelled. "It's life or death! And... I don't want to die." I cried as he pulled me into a hug.