3.3

"Sera you aren't like the rest of your family

"Sera you aren't like the rest of your family. I believe that whatever you're being forced to do isn't you."

~~~~~

I hated my life. I hated having to be a Death Eater for Voldemort to toy with.

I was summoned down to the dining room by my mother. Whenever she did ask for me the majority of the time I would just ignore her because I knew it would most likely involve something that I didn't want to do. When I wasn't doing His bidding, I was in my room; either writing letters that would never be mailed or staring at myself in disgust. Nonetheless, I obeyed.

Walking into the room, I scanned the faces of the many people sitting at the table; one of them being my father. He was supposed to be in Azkaban. What was he doing here? I looked at him disgusted about to walk out before I heard my name being called. "Seraphina come here." Obeying the Dark Lords request, I found myself standing beside the chair that he was seated in. He examined the locket around my neck looking deep in thought. "I want you to find the Potter boy."

"What? That's nearly impossible, Harry Potter's gone."

"You'll be able to find him. You and the boy were close. If there's anyone who would be able to gain his trust, it would be you."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I barely knew the boy." I lied.

"Don't lie to me." After he had told me what I had to do, I was allowed to return to my room. I packed a small bag with a couple of essentials in it. I didn't want to trick Harry, but I had to go.

I went down into the foyer where my mother gave me a quick loving hug. I turned to Draco as he gave me a hug as well. I wanted him to come with me, but I was forced to go alone. Before my father could speak, I disapparated, not wanting to hear anything he had to say to me.

I didn't know where I was. When I apparated, I let my heart guide me, not my head. I looked around at the forest that I appeared in. I walked around aimlessly until I heard my name being called. "Seraphina?" The voice asked. I turned to see Hermione standing behind me confused at my sudden appearance.

"Hermione," I said running up to her, hugging her. She hugged me as well. She seemed as if she was truly happy to see me, but I couldn't be too sure. "I'm so sorry I was horrible to you this year, I wish I could explain everything, but I...I just can't."

"You don't have to say anything. I already know, and I know that you wouldn't have done anything if you weren't told to. Sera you aren't like the rest of your family. I believe that whatever you're being forced to do isn't you." She said reassuring me.

"Hermione, who are you talking to?" I heard the all too familiar voice ask. She turned around to reveal Harry standing behind her. I didn't even see where he had come from, but it didn't matter, I was happy to see him. "Sera? What are you- where did you get that?" Harry asked pointing to the locket that I'd still been wearing. Hermione turned to look at it as well.

"I was given it during Christmas break. Why?"

"We need to destroy it."

"Why? What's going on?"

"It's a Horcrux."

"A what?"

"A Horcrux. You-know-who split his soul into multiple objects to keep himself alive. We need to destroy them to be able to kill him." I thought about it for a while. Why would Voldemort give me the Horcrux if he knew that I was friends with Potter? I guess he used it to test my loyalty to him. I felt even more used than I had already been considering that I'm a Death Eater and my only purpose is being used by Him. Anger washed over me. I was done being someone else's puppet. I was done having to betray everyone that trusted me and was close to me. It wasn't fair, I'm only seventeen, there's got to be more to life than just answering to someone else's requests all the time.

I ripped the necklace off of my neck, placing it into Harry's hand. "Do what you want with it. I'm done doing His bidding. For all I'm worried about, I'm no longer a Malfoy."

***

"How did you find us?" Harry asked as the two of us sat outside around the fire keeping warm.

"I don't know, I just followed this feeling in my heart and...it brought me here." I had never admitted, except for slipping up to Hermione two years ago, that I had fallen for Harry. There was just something about him that made me crazy for him. He always accepted me, despite the fact that I was a Malfoy; he and Draco had always had issues since our first year. Something inside me told me that he felt the same, but I pushed that thought away, thinking that it was ridiculous and that he wouldn't actually ever feel the same way.

I guessed my subconscious wasn't wrong when we found ourselves leaning closer and closer to each other before being interrupted by Hermione and Ron walking out of the tent. "We have to destroy it now that we have it." She said causing us to pull away quickly.

As she explained how we could destroy the Horcrux, I looked up catching Harry's gaze on me from across the circle we had been standing in.