5.2

"If you really care about Hogwarts

"If you really care about Hogwarts...protect it with your life."

~~~~~

At some point throughout the chaos, I somehow lost Hermione, Ron, and Harry. I looked around until I found a familiar face. "Neville!" I yelled causing him to turn around. "Wait up!" I ran through the flood of students until I caught up to him, Cho, Seamus, and McGonagall.

"Let me get this straight, Professor. You're actually giving us permission to do this?" He asked McGonagall as all of us walked out to the main courtyard.

"That is correct, Longbottom."

"To blow it up? Boom?"

"Boom!"

"Wicked. But how on earth are we going to do that?"

"Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."

"I can bring it down." Seamus declared proudly.

"That's the spirit. Now away you go." With that, Neville, Seamus, Cho, and I, set out to the Clock Tower Courtyard that was connected to the Covered Bridge. Our plan: bring the bridge down.

As we ran, I stopped, watching as the protective barrier covered the school. This is it. This was war. The battle has begun. Seconds later rumbling occurred as spells hit against the barrier attempting to break it. I closed my eyes, a tear running down my cheek.

My mind ran wild with thoughts of whether Harry would live or not. Then I remembered my dear brother, Draco. Was he still alive? Was he okay? The last time we spoke was at the manor when Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I, had been caught by the Snatchers. I told Draco about my plan to escape with my friends. I desperately begged him to come with me, but he refused. He was scared of what would happen to him if he did come. He was scared of betraying Voldemort.

In the end, he stayed, and I left.

"Sera?" Neville asked noticing that I had stopped moving. Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I looked up at the barrier that was being attacked. Rage started to boil in my veins. I was angry at Voldemort especially, for ruining my life, and now for attempting to kill the only person that I've ever truly loved.

Continuing on, I strode quickly; the rest of the group following closely behind. "We're bringing it down. I don't care how long it takes. We are not giving those belligerent Voldemort-suck-ups an entrance into our school. If you really care about Hogwarts..." I said stopping, turning to face the three students behind me, "...protect it with your life."

***

Neville and I were standing at the end of the bridge watching as the barrier broke away. the large army of Snatchers on the other side. As the final piece burned, they began their attack. "RUN!" I yelled grabbing Neville's wrist as the two of us sprinted through the bridge, dodging the Snatchers' spells. Setting off the chargers that were tied to the bridge, we heard as the explosives went off causing the wooden structure to fall.

I rolled as I landed on the other side, grabbing Neville before he fell to his death. Pulling him up, I looked over at the school that stood behind us. It wasn't safe anymore.

"Harry," I whispered to myself.

I was alone running through destruction. Spells just barely missing me as I sprinted. "Stupefy!" I yelled pushing a Deather Eater out of my way. They no longer showed any mercy for me. It didn't matter if I was a Malfoy or not, I betrayed their precious Dark Lord. In their minds, I was just as awful and disgraced as a Muggle.

Stopping, I looked frantically around at the chaos, not knowing where to go. Thankfully, I turned around in time to notice the large swarm of Dementors coming towards me. Panicking, I stood frozen in place. Remembering the spell Harry taught me during our fifth year, I raised my wand up quickly yelling the incantation, "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" My wand released a powerful blue light, acting like a barrier, causing the Dementors to be pushed back.

I stood there for a second, panting. Everything around me felt like it was happening in slow motion. Something finally sunk in causing me to realize that this was all real. I finally snapped out of it, running into the school.

Pushing past the panicking students, I searched for him. "Stupefy!" I heard come from the top of the staircase that I was going up. As he turned to go down, we locked eyes. "Sera!" Harry yelled. The two of us ran to each other meeting in the middle. We looked at one another knowing that there could be a possibility that one of us doesn't make it out alive. His lips brushed against mine as he pulled me into a short yet passionate kiss.

A million years. It felt like I've waited a million years for this very moment. Here we were, two people from completely different backgrounds, supposed to be fighting against each other, risking our lives to be together for one small moment. "Come on." He said as we pulled away.

Running through the school, he explained how the diadem was in the Room of Requirement. We dodged the falling rubble that was dropping from above us as we made it to the room. The double doors appeared, allowing us to enter.

"Blimey, Harry. How will we ever find a small diadem in..." I paused scanning the high piles of unused things, "...all of this?"

"I don't know." We walked through the room until he stopped, turning around slowly.

"What? What is it?" I asked searching his face for answers as he walked past me to a table that I was standing in front of. Uncovering a box, he opened it, slowly reaching for something. I stood closer so that I could see what it was he found. It was the diadem; the final Horcrux...or so we thought.

"Well, well." I heard his voice say. Turning, Draco was standing a short distance away, accompanied by Blaize and Goyle. The triad had their wands pointed at us. "What brings you here, Potter? Sera?" My brother asked.

"I could ask you the same," Harry said pulling me behind him.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back." Draco said referring to the wand that I took off of him the last I saw him.

"What's wrong with the one you have?" I asked.

"It's Mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. Know what I mean?"

The room was quiet, no one had said anything from either side, not even Draco until Harry piped up. "Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix. You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat. Do him." Goyle said to him. I noticed Harry start to reach for his wand before Draco stopped him.

"Easy." He said. I pulled out my wand faster disarming Draco.

"Expelliarmus!" I yelled.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle yelled in return.

"Stupefy!" I countered the curse. It rebounded, knocking the diadem, sending it flying onto a pile. Ron, being an overprotective friend as usual, chased after the three boys.

Hermione and I helped Harry search for the diadem. We looked through the pile until the shiny object caught my eye, I grabbed it, tossing it over to Harry as we jumped down.

"Run!" We heard Ron's panicked voice yell. He continued to scream while running in our direction, grabbing Hermione. "Goyle's set the bloody place on fire!" Both Harry and I turned to look in the direction he had just escaped from.

I looked at the large snake-shaped fire with wide eyes. "Holy mother of-" I was cut off by Harry as he pulled me with him as well.