3.1

"Come on, Potter, today is the day that I am going to teach you how to actually dance since you lack the skill

"Come on, Potter, today is the day that I am going to teach you how to actually dance since you lack the skill."

~~~~~

I laid awake staring at my bedroom ceiling. Nothing but thoughts filled my head making it difficult to sleep. It didn't matter how deathly tired I was, I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep ever again. Every time I attempted to shut my eyes, the image of Dumbledore's limp body falling from the Astronomy Tower replayed in my mind. I decided, like every other restless night, that I would not sleep.

Strolling over to my desk, I sat down in the large velvet chair, pulling out a piece of parchment and resting it on the surface of the wood. Dipping my quill in the small bottle of ink placed next to me, I began to write to my old friend. There was no point to it, I had no idea where he had gone, or where he was, but I found it calming to write to him.

August 2nd

Dear Harry,

        It's been a while since the two of us have had a civil conversation. The last time I saw you was the same night Snape killed Dumbledore. Since then, I can't help but feel that I've lost your trust; even though it was probably lost since the beginning of the year. I feel as if I'm to blame for what happened.

Well despite all the horrible things that have occurred, I'd like to know how you've been. It's silly to write this because I have no clue where you are, but wherever it is or whatever you're doing, I know that it's good. You always have the best intentions, and I wish you good luck on your journey. I hope the day arrives where we can meet again and start over and act as if nothing ever happened. But I know that's too much to ask. Nothing will ever be the same. But I wanted you to know that I am deeply sorry for all of the terrible things that I have done.

Seraphina

I slipped the letter into an envelope, sealing it in the back with a green wax seal. Flipping it over, I wrote Harry's name onto the front of the envelope. Opening the last desk drawer, I carefully placed the letter into the small compartment full of the other address-less letters. I locked the drawer hiding the key in a place only I knew where to look.

For the first time in months, I felt drowsy, making it hard for me to maintain awake. Instead of fighting the tiredness, I shut my eyes dosing off. Happy memories flash into my head making it easier to temporarily get away from all of the pain and suffering caused at home.

-
F L A S H B A C K
-

The four of us laughed after getting into a fairly intense snowball fight. As we were all walking back up to the castle, I noticed the laces of my boot where untied. Kneeling down, I began to tie them glancing up a few times to Harry shooing off Ron and Hermione. The pair happily obliged leaving just the two of us to walk alone. As we were walking, my mind couldn't help but think about the ball, especially how I still hadn't managed to score a date. "Harry, can you believe that tonight is the Yule Ball?" I exclaimed twirling around gracefully pretending as if I were at the ball. "I still cannot believe that I haven't found a date yet," I complained.

"Well about that...I've been meaning to ask-"

"Sera!" I heard the voice of the familiar Slytherin boy yell causing Harry and me to turn around, watching him run up to us.

"Blaise? What can I do you for?" I asked politely as he attempted to regain his breath. "I was wondering if you would like to be my date to the ball tonight." He asked.

"Of course. See you then." I grinned as he nodded his head, plastering a large smile across his face. "What was it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked turning to Harry who was looking down now.

"Oh nevermind, it's not important." He shook the conversation off.

Later that night, I got ready for the ball in the girls' dorm. I wore a long black sequined slit dress with a pair of heels to make me seem taller than my normal 5'2 self. I curled my long platinum blonde hair, pinning the sides in the back to form the illusion of a half up half down style. My makeup was subtle but noticeable enough. Once I was done getting dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror. The dark color of my clothing contrasted almost perfectly with my pale skin tone. When I felt that I was completely done, I left my dorm, walking down into the common room.

I was the last one to be done since the rest of them were already waiting for me. "You look so amazing," Hermione said running up to me admiring my complete look. I thanked her as the four of us, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I, all made our way over to the Great Hall where the rest of the crowd of excited teens was heading towards. As we were all standing in the hall watching as the Triwizard champions entered the large room with their dates, I noticed Ron's annoyed expression when he saw Hermione walk in with Krum.

I giggled as I watched Harry stumble over himself messing up his steps. Eventually, everyone else and their partners, including me and Blaise, joined the champions on the dance floor as well. Blaize was surprisingly a good dancer, I felt like I was practically gliding on ice while we danced. I don't know how much time passed before I caught a glimpse of  Ron and Harry sitting by themselves at a table looking at the crowd of dancing students. I excused myself, going over to sit by my two close friends.

It was kind of awkward since all Ron did was just glare at Krum while Harry sat there looking miserable. I stood up holding my hand out to Harry. He looked up, looking between me and my hand confusedly. "Come on, Potter, today is the day that I am going to teach you how to actually dance since you lack the skill." He looked at me almost offended.

"I think that my dancing is subpar." He responded.

"Yeah okay," I rolled my eyes. I placed his right hand on my waist, taking his left hand in my right. We took the steps slowly until he finally understood the movement allowing us to move at the speed of the music. "See, I told you it wouldn't be that hard."

"Well, I guess all I needed was a good teacher." He said causing me to slightly blush. The two of us danced together for a while until we both grew insanely tired.

Before we left the Great Hall, I noticed Ron still sitting in the same seat he had been in before, except he was looking down at the ground. "Come on Ron, I think we're all tired a bit tired, and well...I can't help but notice you're insanely bored expression, so let's just get out of here." I explained grabbing his hand, forcing him to stand up. He agreed and the three of us walked out together.

"Merry Christmas you guys," Harry said as we all exhaustedly stumbled throughout the castle.