1.4

"No! I was chosen

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment to prove that I'm not an embarrassment to the Malfoy name."

~~~~~

It was around the middle of the school year; the winter weather was finally settling in. Everyone around me was counting down the days left until Christmas break, I, on the other hand, had more important things to worry about.

While at the Manor a couple of weeks ago, I was given locket by You-know-who. I didn't know what it was, but I was told to wear it all the time and to make sure I kept it hidden. The locket was medium-sized and yellow, with a small green 's' in the center of it. No matter the circumstances, I was to never take off the necklace or give it to anyone else.

It had been weeks since the meeting. I was growing impatient with having to mend the vanishing cabinet, so I came up with my own plan; I would simply hex Dumbledore. I couldn't be the one to directly curse the headmaster, so I placed the curse on a blue necklace. The necklace was in a box wrapped in parchment when I handed it to Katie Bell in the women's restroom of the Three Broomsticks. I was standing next to the bathroom door, waiting for someone to come in, when Katie was the first to enter since I had been there. Grabbing her, I covered her mouth so she couldn't scream and explained that she was to give the package to Dumbledore immediately. Once I had finished explaining the task, I used the Memory Modifying Charm on her so that she would think that it was her idea all along and that she couldn't remember that I was the one who had given her the package.

My plan had so far been working perfectly fine. When she left the bathroom, I slipped out behind her a couple of minutes later so that it wouldn't be obvious that I was responsible.

Later that night, I heard that Professor Slughorn was having a party, so I decided to investigate. The corridors were dark and for the most part completely empty so it was safe for me to assume that I was in the clear. While I was walking around, Filch caught me by surprise. He dragged me by the back of my shirt all the way into the center of the party. "Take your hands off me you filthy Squib," I said struggling to get free.

"Professor Slughorn, Sir. I just discovered this girl lurking in an upstairs corridor. She claims to be invited to your party."

"Ok, ok, I was gatecrashing. Happy?" I confessed feeling my face burn from embarrassment. Looking up from the ground, I saw Snape walking out of the crowd towards us.

Now towering over me, he spoke, "I'll escort her out." Pulling my shoulder out of Filch's grasp, I straightened out my shirt staring Snape straight in the eyes.

"Certainly, Professor." I turned to find the exit through the crowd as Snape followed closely behind me. Now that we were out of the party I found myself almost speed walking down the long corridor as the tall professor began to interrogate me. "You know maybe I did hex, Katie. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" I spat rolling my eyes.

Slightly pushing me against the wall, Snape began to speak, "I swore to protect you and you're brother. I made the Unbreakable Vow." He said.

"I don't need your protection," I scoffed, "I was chosen for this. If it weren't me it would be Draco, but it wasn't, was it? I won't fail him." I tried to reassure sounding confident, but in reality, I wasn't prepared at all.

"You're afraid, Seraphina. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you."

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment to prove that I'm not an embarrassment to the Malfoy name." I said pushing him away from me.