CHAPTER - 7

AARVIK’S POV

OMG! What the hell is happening in my life? Yesterday, Chiko said that she don’t want to marry me. Today Aiyu is saying that she is ready to get marry to me. My head is spinning. I hear that her uncle was admitted in hospital yesterday. I planned to visit her today so that I can ask her what is happening, but now she herself came here and saying that she want to marry me.

“Aiyu, what are you saying?”, it was Pradhu. She just entered the palace.

“Aiyu just now we got to know that your aunty is planning for your’s and Jagan’s marriage. She asked the priest of our temple for a good day in a week to do your marriage with that good for nothing”, Aathu said.

Shit! That is the reason she is ready for this. But why her aunt wants her to get married immediately.

“Can you all explain what is happening here?”, my grandmother asked them.

Aathu and Pradhu explained everything. She needs money for her uncle’s operation.

“Aitri, I can give you the money dear. You don’t have to do this”, my mother said.

“No aunty, I don’t want anyone’s sympathy. Please, I already had enough. Viku said you wanted me to be your DIL. Now, I am ready. It may be for six months but still”, she said.

“Aiyu, I will give my money which I earned. Consider it as your best friend's help.”, I said

“Please Viku, do you remember you promised me when you were leaving to London that you will give anything that I ask for. Today I am asking you, please marry me. I don’t know whether the curse and all is true or not. But after six months I will divorce you myself.”, she said in one go.

I know she is one stubborn girl. Now, I have no other choice left.

“Fine, I will marry you. But even I have something to ask for”, I told her.

Everyone looked at me keenly. “You will not sell your house for your uncle’s operation. I will give you the money. If you accept to this then I will marry you. I promise”, I told her.

“But Vi..”, before she could complete, “Please I know how much that house means to you..”, I told her. “Fine”, she whispered.

“Aitri dear just listen to us once”, my grandmother said.

“She won’t listen to anyone so don’t waste your time.”, I told my grandmother.

“We will call our family priest then we will decide the date for marriage”, my grandmother announced.

She was about to leave but I stopped and held her hand.

“You know what you are doing right Aiyu?”, I asked her. She just nodded and left.

“We will meet today at our meeting place after your school. Bring Pradhu and Aathu too”, I told her. For that also she nodded.

AUTHOR’S POV

“Our plan got failed. I thought by scaring that London girl she will go away and we can make my daughter marry Aarvik but this Aitri has became his bride”, the person roared.

A girl in mid twenties was crying in sofa.

“Dad I want to marry Aarvik but what about the curse”, the girl asked her dad.

“There is nothing called curse everything is just fake for sure. I don’t believe in all this shit”, her dad said.

AITRI’S POV