CHAPTER - 34

AUTHOR'S POV

"Listen you both, I know, it will be hard for both of you to digest the truth. But whatever happened is fate. Whatever sacrifices we made just went in vain, the only thing we got out of this is you both. You both are the best gift of all our three.", Sarang said with full of tears remembering the old days.

"Dad we are ready to listen", Dhruv said. "But don't expect that we will forgive that murderer ever", he added.

"Dhruv let him say what he wants", Rakshan asked his father to continue.

Sarang started to narrate the disastrous story of his life which only he and Parvathi knows.

"I met your mother Gauri in my college. She is a sweet heart just like Aathika. Parvathi was her best friend. They both were like sisters actually more than sisters. Parvathi was a happy going girl just like Pradhi. She is used to do all notorious things in our college. Gauri was her life saver all the time. Parvathi was the one who even played a cupid role in confessing our love to each other. The days flew swiftly. Parvathi became my best friend too on the process. She was in love with my friend Vivek.

Vivek's family accepted for Parvathi's marriage with him. But fate had other plans, a week before their marriage Vivek passed away in an accident. Parvathi made her point very clear to everyone that she won't marry anyone here after. She was in another district. To make her mood normal, your mom and I bought her here to our village. She was also working in our village as my assistant. She is the one who did most of the work in Gauri and my wedding.

After our wedding only we came to know about the curse that is being prevailing in the palace. Till that I believed that Sahasra Anna's (Elder brother) first wife died due to cancer. I never knew about the curse. Several attempts happened to kill Gauri too, we don't know what to believe. Parvathi was very much strong enough to believe that everything which is happening around us were planned and not because of any curse.

There were only two months more to complete the six months. At that time Gauri found that she is a month pregnant. She started to cry vigorously stating that she would die before the birth of her child. That made her condition worse too. Doctor asked us to keep her away from stress. Parvathi came up with an idea which first seemed like impossible but she made it possible.

We three planned a fake accident to show people that Gauri has passed away. Parvathi also said that for name's sake we both can marry. In the mean time we can also find who was the real face behind all the happenings. We faked the accident. Everyone believed that Gauri has passed away. We shifted Gauri to Parvathi's native. At that time Parvathi's parents with her brother got shifted to Delhi. So there was no one to take care Gauri.

Parvathi again faked a news after a month saying that she was pregnant and she wanted to stay in her maternal home. She went and stayed with Gauri to help her. She did everything she can to save all three of you. At that time, we don't know that Gauri was having twins. Like this months passed. Only I went and saw Gauri and Paru whenever required. Then one day I got a call from Parvathi stating that Gauri went in labour on her eight and half months itself. When she asked the doctor regarding this, they said that it is because she was carrying twins all this time. This doubled the joy for all three of us. We all three got extremely happy.

I couldn't reach their on time since it was raining heavily. Before that Gauri has passed away. When I asked Parvathi about the whereabouts, she just gave me a letter.

Dear Sarang,

You are the best husband anyone can get. I don't know what good I have done in my previous birth that I got you and Parvathi in this life. You did everything to save me from this curse but fate is cruel or you can say that the curse was extremely cruel. During my fifth month check up itself I came to know that I will die if I continue with this pregnancy. But I am a selfish mother who wanted to bring her child in this world. Now, I am extremely happy with my decision because I have saved two lives by sacrificing one. When you read this letter I may not be there with you. I would have gone a very far away from you. I just have one request give the same love to Parvathi what you gave to me. What she did to me is something which even my own blood sister would have not done! I don't know even how to thank her. Make her your queen. Never let my children know that I existed in their life. I am sure that Parvathi would never let them know that they are not her children by birth. Because she was the one who used to speak a lot with them when they were in my womb. They were so responsive to her than they were to me. If they ever come to know about me, give these two letter to them to read. I am sure that they will understand the situation. As I already decided with Parvathi please name our children names as Rakshan and Dhruv. Move on in your life with Paru. I am always watching you whenever you need me, I will be there for you. Our love is not something which was just physical, we were two lives who lived as one soul, now I am going to live in your soul. Our story has no end, because every end is a new beginning...

Take care Sarang..

With Love

Gauri.

"I am sorry Sarang I don't know that she was having complications in her pregnancy. I would have definitely stopped her in continuing this pregnancy but that girl lied to me that everything is normal. Such a cheater she is! Such a liar! She promised me that she will always be with me but look she left me, she left me. Now I have no one in this world", Parvathi cried a lot.

I asked her to open the letter that was written by Gauri for her. She opened it with great difficulty by composing herself.

Dear Paru,

My sweet soul sister, I hope you would have completed your scolding by calling me as liar and cheater. Now, take a deep breathe. Because you are a mother of a two now. Yes I am giving both my sons to you. Don't think that I am not with you. I am giving you two lives which will be a replica of me. Everyday when they smile, laugh, cry, fight, eat, dance, sing whatever they do you can see me in them. I maybe their birth mother but you are going to be their true mother. Do you remember you always used to say funnily that Yasoda has more rights on Krishna likewise you are going to have more rights on my child. You were extremely right, you are the one who is going to have more rights on my sons than me. And I am damn sure even Yasoda will not be able to compete with this Parvathi. Because Yasoda just gave her love to one child and this Parvathi is going to treat two children as her own. For me, you are greater than Yasoda. I know how much you suffered because of me, you used to fulfil all my cravings in midnight, you used to massage my legs and hands everyday, the list goes long. Just remember that you don't have two children alone but also a husband to take care of. He should be your first priority. I am sure Charu Akka (elder sister) will be there to help you in household works. Please take care of Sarang, I know that you still love Vivek. He is no more now. Sarang needs you more than anyone. I am sure you will be a great wife as well as an excellent mother. My Paru is the best. I love you so much. If Noble Prize is given for friendship, without any doubt you will be getting it my Paru.

Your Gauri.

After reading the letter Parvathi's situation got very worse. She cried and cried the whole day. Then we both together performed the last rites of Gauri. We bought both of you to palace. Parvathi somehow gave reasons for not breast feeding you. Dhruv you are the first one who called her "Maa" that is why she cares for you a lot and you are a replica of Gauri. Though your antics are just like Parvathi. Rakshan you are replica of me both in character as well as in appearance.

I started falling for Paru, I understood that after five years of your birth. I even confessed that to her. She said that she is living as only your mother and my friend but not as my wife. Also she has done something which never in my dreams I have thought she would do. She said she removed her uterus already when she became mother to you both. When I asked her what is the necessary for that, she simply replied that she has promised on Gauri that she will be only of you both. Till today we are just living as friends and roommates. People are saying Karna for being a great friend but for me my Paru is the greatest friend anyone could have!

You both are extremely lucky to have her in your life. But you are blaming her to be a murderer. I am sure Gauri will be the angriest person if she would have been alive today. And here is your letter which was written by your mother for you both", saying this Sarang completed his past and remembered each and every moment.

Sarang handed the letter that was written by Gauri to Rakshan and Dhruv. They started to read the letter when their heart is already broken. They don't know that their heart is going to be broken into more pieces when they read the letter...

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE, IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER..

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT IT...

FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

NEXT UPDATE : SATURDAY...

"WHOM SHOULD I CHOOSE" WILL BE UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY EVENING...

KINDLY VOTE WITHOUT FAIL AND SHARE IF YOU LIKE THE STORY...

HOW MANY OF YOU FELT SAD WHILE READING THIS CHAP? I FELT SAD WHEN I READ AS A READER...

STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE...

LOTS OF LOVE...