4. Interrogations

Harry's POV

    I had been sitting at the police station for what felt like forever. I had to obviously come in and give them my statement about what I witnessed at the convenience store. I had told the same story to 4 different detectives now and I'm sure Zayne was having to do the same thing.

    He was asked to come as well and give his statement too. I hadn't seen Jeremy since he was brought in by the police. We had gone our separate ways, and I was sure he wasn't going to be getting out of her anytime soon.

    "Alright Mr. Styles I think we have all we need from you. Thank you for your patience and being such a vigilant help for that girl. You truly may have saved a life tonight, I hope you know that." Says a woman detective, bringing me back out all my identification and other things they took from me.

     "Do you know how she's doing? Bea?" I ask, my mind never straying far from her.

    The sight of her pummeled face and terrified eyes probably wouldn't leave my memory for a very long time.

The detective sighs before stuffing her hands in her suit pockets. "Shook up pretty bad, which is to be expected. Broken nose from where he punched her and a sore head, but other than that she's okay. Could have been a lot worse."

"Is she still here?" I ask, wanting to see her if possible. I think it's the only thing that could make me feel better.

"Not sure. If she is, she's probably on her way out just like you." She says, before turning and walking off.

I grab my things and stuff them in my pockets before making my way back to the front of the building. When I get to the reception area, I notice a few people sitting in chairs, but no Bea.

A girl rushes up to me out of nowhere, and grabs my hand in hers before I can back up. "Are you Harry?"

"Yeah, who are-" The girl launches her body into mine and wraps her arms around me so tightly I struggle to breathe.

"Thank you, so much for what you did for my little sister back there. My family could never repay you." The girl says, and I finally realize this is Bea's older sister she told me about.

Shannon.

"It's no big deal, really."

She pulls back and looks at me, and I see the blue eyes Bea had told me about in class. "Are you kidding? What you did means everything to us. You have to know that, and how truly thankful we are."

There's two more people that walk up as well when they see Shannon hugging me, and I'm assuming it's Bea and Shannon's parents.

Shannon turns to them. "Mom, dad, this is Harry. He's the one who carried Bea out of the store."

Her father stepped forward and reached his hand out to me. "I remember your face, couldn't forget it if I tried. Thank you so much, for what you did for my daughter back there."

"Yes sir, no problem at-"

Bea's mom suddenly slams into me and wraps her hands around me and squeezes me just like Shannon did. Clearly, this is a family that likes to hug.

Mrs. Marks isn't talking though, she's just bawling her eyes out crying while she hugs me.

I have no idea what to do in a situation like this, having never been hugged much in my life, especially by my parents. So I just slowly lower my arms and softly pat her on the back.

"There there." I say, and can't help but smile at Shannon when she giggles at my reaction.

"Alright honey, let's let the boy breathe, okay?" Mr. Marks says before removing his wife from my torso and pulling her into his side.