23. Consequences

Bea's POV

Chaos.

    That was the only way I knew how to describe our school right now. I had no idea what it was about, but I could hear from in the classroom I was sitting in. The kids out in the hallways were all shouting or laughing, but I paid them no mind.

    As long as they were focused on someone other than me, I couldn't be bothered to ask what it was about.

     I heard footsteps approaching from behind me, and turned to see Harry walking into class. The only other person in here besides myself.

    I smiled warmly at him, remembering our day together yesterday. "Morning."

     "Mornin' babe," He seemed to be looking me over. "Are you..okay?"

     "Should I not be?" I asked, instantly anxious by the way he asked that question.

     "You haven't heard the kids in the hall?"

     "Of course I've heard them, but I don't know what it's about. As long as it's no longer me, I don't care."

    Harry winced.

    I shot up from my seat. "What? What is it? Is it about me?" The panic swelled up inside me rather quickly and I was already contemplating leaving school again for the day.

     He grabbed my hands and pulled me into his embrace. "No, no. It's not about you. But it is about..Shannon."

     I pulled back to see his eyes. "Oh, well what about her?"

     "Have you checked your phone?" Harry asked, rather randomly.

     "No, it's in my book bag. Why?"

     "Why don't you pull it out and check your text messages. May help you understand the situation a little better."

    Having no idea what he was talking about, but curious as always, I leaned down beside my desk and picked up my book bag. Unzipping the front pocket and pulling out my phone, I realized I had a number of texts all from my friends asking about Shannon.

    But finally, I saw the message that everyone must be seeing on their phones as well. The sender was blank, and had no number.

    There was a video with a play button on the middle attached, and the caption that came with it said "the true Shannon Marks"

     I clicked play, already knowing whatever was about to be on this video was going to be terrible. I could feel it in my bones and in my ears from all the noise around me.

     The first part of the video was Shannon and a group of her friends, cornering some girl in the bathroom at school. You can't hear what's being said, but suddenly Shannon grabs the girl by her hair and sticks her face under the sink that's pouring running water. The girl inside the stall that's secretly recording it moves back from sight.

    Then it changes to Shannon at a party, where she's completely wasted and she's making out with some dude on a couch. His hand goes up the back of her skirt and when she pulls her mouth away to moan, his face can be seen on the screen. Braelynn, her friends, boyfriend is the one she's straddling.

    Snippet after snippet plays of Shannon doing different, and awful things, mainly against people she's friends with. Or picking on kids not as popular as her. My eyes well up in tears while I'm watching this stranger on video, someone I've never seen before. Not this way.

    But it's the last video, that really takes the cake and that I'm sure is causing the most talk.

    Shannon is seen sitting on a teachers desk, facing the board, and someone can be seen sitting in front of her, touching her knee. She leans down and places a kiss on this secret persons face, and her red nails can be seen running down his abdomen. Whenever the person filming shifts position, one of our Science teachers face comes into view. Mr. Biggers.