part 23

5 YEARS LATER

me and nia, miss harris, had been dating for 4 years now. i had studied hard and ended up getting my teaching degree. naomi had started high school and had became very popular wearing a lot of makeup and stuff. oliver had also just started high school, we were still really close but had drifted apart a little. i hadn't seen my dad in years either, he didn't bother coming to find me after i had ran away. i want to propose to nia but i don't know how, i feel like it's time because we're genuinely just so close and just click so well with one another. i had asked amanda and chris and both of them agreed if i think it's right i should. they also got married, i was chris' best man which was surprising but i guess because he doesn't have a brother or really a best friend it does fall on me.

2 YEARS LATER

it was my wedding day, i had gotten my suit on and was quite nervous. "i can't believe your marrying my first year teacher" oliver told me as we stood in my dressing room. "i know it's mental" i laughed, "but i guess that's what happens when i was obsessed with you" he smiled as he sorted my collar. i put my blazer on "come on boys" chris said as he popped his head into my dressing room. i nodded and gave oliver a worried look, "you'll be fine, trust me" oliver smiled at me, "thanks" i took a deep breath and opened the door.

i was waiting at the isle. i was so nervous for this, i was glad nia had said yes to me when i proposed. never mind making it to the wedding day. i heard the organ start playing and looked at the entrance, waiting for nia to start walking down the isle. the curtain was pulled back and i saw her, she looked so beautiful in her white dress. i smiled as she started walking down the isle, i couldn't stop smiling. i was just so happy. this was the best day of my life.

3 YEARS LATER

i ran through the house chasing after ricky, our son. i chased him as he ran away and jumped on the sofa. "ahhhh" i screamed as i caught him and pretended to eat him. nia came in and looked at us while ricky was laughing. "god you two are something else" she told us. i smiled and sat up on the couch. "daddy" ricky smiled as he jumped on my back. "come on you need to get ready" i told him as i picked him up and took him to his room. i helped ricky get dressed and put on his shoes "yay" ricky screamed as he ran away. i laughed as i followed him, i got my jacket on and gave ricky his. he managed to put his jacket on as well. "right get in the car we're going to go see gran and grandad" i smiled as he ran out to the car.

i helped ricky out of the car and he ran over to the door. he knocked on the door and amanda answered the door. "gwany" ricky yelled as amanda picked him up. i locked the car and walked into the house after amanda. "beer" chris asked as he offered me one, i nodded and took it. "so how have you been" naomi asked as she walked into the room, "yeah i've been good, you" i asked her, she nodded and smiled. "yeah i've been good, just finished collage and i'm going for a job interview tomorrow" naomi smiled, i nodded. "daddy" ricky screamed as he ran through, i put down my beer and lifted ricky up. "help help" he said as he pointed at oliver, he was acting like a monster who was trying to eat him. "come on oliver let's open your presents" amanda suggested.

the party was almost over, ricky and oliver were playing with some of oliver's toys, the ones he had when he was a kid. i had finished my third beer and was having a good time. i was watching ricky and oliver, remembering back to when it was me and oliver playing like that. "come on we should probably head" nia told me after i had a couple more beers, i nodded and stood up, stumbling a little. "woah easy there" nia laughed, i laughed a little. "daddy" ricky yelled as he ran out to the car, i stumbled making my way to the car, i was a bit drunk. "right nia you drive safely now" amanda smiled as we all said bye. "bye everyone" i yelled as i stepped out of the house. nia helped me into the car and also helped ricky into the car. we drove home, to be honest this was just such a nice day overall and i loved it.