Chapter 8: Are you there?

(I apologize for skipping scenes, but the pool party scene is NOT one of my favorites so I want to skip that all together.  Still hope you're enjoying my book) 

Meanwhile, Nancy and Barb were on their way to Steve's place for the party.  Nancy changed clothes before they reached their destination.  Even though Barb tries to talk her out of this whole thing, she knew Nancy was determined to be there.  For Steve.  Despite how much she could not stand Carol and Tommy H., she was doing this for Nancy.  

Back at the Wheeler's, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin watched Eleven walk towards the table, where they have their D&D meetings.  She studies the board and looks at the character figures on the table. She closes her eyes and concentrates. Calling her energy.

"What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas frowns at her as they follow and stand close by her. 

Mike sits next to her as he watches, "El?"

As if on instinct, she picks up the wizard character out of the players and studies it, "Will."  

Dustin's eyes widen in shock, "Superpowers."

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" Mike asks anxiously.  

Eleven slowly nods. 

"Do you know where he is?" He asks. 

Eleven suddenly uses her arm to push the other players off the board and flips the board over where it was painted black.  She placed Will's D&D character in the middle.  

Mike frowns in confusion, shaking is head, "I don't understand."

Eleven sighs softly, "Hiding."

"Will is hiding?" Mike asks and watches her nod, "From the bad men?" To his surprise, she shakes her head 'no'.  His frown returns and his worry for Will builds, "Then from who?"

Without even looking, Eleven reaches and grabs a D&D character from the pile and places it on the board, next to Will's.

The Demogorgon.

Mike, Lucas, and Dustin all shared a terrified look.  Confused, but still scared.  What was she telling them?  There was someone out there worse than the bad men?  They didn't know.  But they were scared.  For Will.  And each other.  

After Jonathan returned to Hawkins, first thing he does is head to Mirkwood.  He needed to find Will and bring him home.  To end his guilt.  To end his Mother's distraught.  He strongly believed it was his responsibility to find him.  

As he searches the area where he was last seen, he decides to take photos as well.  To double check.  If his naked eye can't find something, then maybe his lens will.  

As he goes through the woods, clicking pictures everywhere, a woman's scream erupts through the night.  

With a panicked breath, Jonathan rushes to find the source of the scream, but to his dismay and relief, it was just Carol screaming as Tommy H. threatens to throw her into the pool.  Jonathan notices that they weren't alone.  Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler was there.  Along with Barbara Holland.  

Jonathan didn't know why, but he had the urge to take their pictures.  Mainly, Nancy's as she chugs a beer can with them.  He even watches them pressure Barbara into drinking with them, but she got hurt as she misses the can and stabs herself.  

Soon, Tommy H. begins to throw the girls into the pool and Jonathan continues to take pictures of Nancy.  He felt like a perv, but he couldn't help it.  He was just so curious about Nancy Wheeler.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For hours, Joyce waited for any sign for Will's life.  Sitting by the phone with it lying on her lap.  She never moved for anything.  During the hours, she nodded off as she waited.