Chapter 17: Finding Terry Ives and Eleven

Jonathan continues to search for Nancy while she was stuck inside Upside Down with the creature hunting for her.  She runs all around the rotten woods, almost choking on the decayed air.  She manages to lose it at one point and calls out to Jonathan while he calls out to her from the real world. 

"Nancy! Nancy! Come on, come on. Nancy! Where are you?" 

Jonathan jumps when he could hear Nancy's voice in the distance, almost as if it was an echo in the world. 

"Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan, I'm right here!"

Jonathan rushes back to where he found her stuff; he could hear her, but he couldn't see her.  Where was she?

"Nancy!" Jonathan breaths heavily in panic.  He needed to find her, he feared he might have lost her like Will, "Nancy!"

"Jonathan, where are you? Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan, I'm right...I'm right here!" She continues to call out to him, but she couldn't see him.  She could hear his voice, but it was so faint.  As if he was miles away from her. 

"Where are you?" His faint voice echoes around her.  

Panting, she looks around for her way out, but she couldn't find it.  

"I'm right here! Jonathan! I'm right here!" 

"Nancy! Just follow my voice!"

"Jonathan!"

"Follow my voice, Nancy, I'm right here!"

She skids to a halt and gasps as she hears the growling again and rushes to hide behind a tree.  She could hear it.  It's heavy footsteps walking by.  As if it was trying to sniff her out. Hear her.  Anything to hunt her and eat her. 

"Nancy!" Jonathan continues to search for her, but still couldn't find her.  

Nancy tries so hard to be quiet as the growling was so close.  She could suppresses her whimpers and cries as the growling begins to walk away from her. She looks up as she hears something familiar.  The slimy tunnel she came through! She peeks to see where the creature was and to make sure it was far away from her. 

"Nancy? Nancy. Nancy! Follow my voice! Nancy?" She could hear Jonathan's voice coming from the hole.  She rushes towards it while the creature was distracted.  

Jonathan's light finally shines over the hole.  He slowly approaches it, shining his light to get a better view, but jumps back as a hand snatches out from it.  

"Jonathan!" Nancy cries out from the hole.   

"Nancy!" Jonathan grabs her hand and pulls her out.  Nancy grunts and strains to get out of there before the hole fully closed.  With a harder tug and a loud grunt, Jonathan manages to yank her out of there just in time.  

Both of them pant hard as they watch it close.  Jonathan holds Nancy close to him as she sobs against his chest.  Relieved that he saved her from the creature. 

"I got you."

Jonathan gets her to her feet once she calmed down and both of them got out of those woods as fast as they could.  He managed to get her home but stayed with her to make sure she was alright.  He knew she was going through shock.  Thank goodness no one was home yet.  Jonathan managed to get some towels and wrap her up as she sat so still on her bed.  She couldn't say anything.  She was just so...scared.  He gently pulls her close, holding her as she trembles in his arms.  

Neither of them realizing the visitor watching them from the window.  Steve Harrington, eyeing them with such anger and jealousy.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~