Chapter 24: Good-bye

Hopper, Joyce, and Gloria continue to follow the blood trail, leading them all the way through town, or what looked like Hawkins.  It still amazed them to see an alternate world of their own, but so darker and colder than theirs.  

"There's more blood." Hopper says. 

"Oh, my God." Joyce gasps and finds more blood, "This way."

"Jesus, that's my office." Gloria gasps. 

They continue the trail and finds more leading directly into the huge library in the center of town.  Together, they walk towards the building, not knowing what horrors lurk in the shadows inside, but all they cared about was saving Will.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike continues to shake Eleven, but she never stirred.  They couldn't stay here.  They needed to go before the bad people take her again.  

"She's barely breathing."

"We gotta go."

Mike was getting ready to carry her, but the three of them jump when they hear a voice speak out to them. 

"Leave her." Walking around the corner with soldiers behind him, Dr. Brenner stands before them, "Step away from the child."

Mike grits his teeth and takes his stand, "No! You want her, you have to kill us first."

"That's right!" Dustin moves to stand next to Mike and so does Lucas.

"Eat shit!"

Suddenly, Mike turns fast and sees more MP soldiers sneaking up behind them.

"Oh, no! No, no!" Mike shouts as they're all grabbed from behind.

"No! No! Get off me!

"You idiot!"

"No!"

"Get off me!" Dustin yells.

"Ow! Let go!" Mike struggles to get out the man's grip but they were firmly held back. 

Dr. Brenner rushes to Eleven's side and picks her up, holding her to sit up. "Eleven? Eleven, can you hear me? Eleven?" He calls out to her. 

Slowly opening her eyes, "Papa?" She asks weakly. 

Dr. Brenner smiles at her, "Yes, yes, it's your papa."

"Get off of me." Mike grunts and continues to fight. 

"I'm here now." Dr. Brenner continues to sooth her. 

"Let her go! Let her go, you bastard!" Mike yells. 

Eleven whimpers as she watches Mike, Lucas, and Dustin struggle in the bad men's grip.

Dr. Brenner strokes her head and cheek, trying to calm her, "Shh, shh, you're sick. You're sick, but I'm going to make you better. I'm going to take you back home, where I can make you well again. Where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt." He says.  

Eleven looks up at Brenner with an angry look, "Bad. Bad." Eleven says, startling Brenner. Then she tries to reach out for Mike, "Mike. Mike. Mike." She whimpers. 

Mike grunts and struggles to get to her, but the soldier that held him was too strong.

"Where's your sister?  Where is Five?" Brenner demanded. 

Suddenly, gunshots go off and two of the soldiers that Brenner came with fall dead to the ground.  

"Don't move!" Jace yells at an agent before he could grab his weapon.  He aims his gun at them all, "You're all under arrest." He pants.