- O N E -

KTH's P.O.V.

I watched as the rain poured outside my window. I saw each drop sliding down. I noticed everything and tried really hard to remember.

I couldn't.

I tried doing the things I loved; painting, sketching, writing poems. Nothing stayed in me. I've hated myself ever since it happened.

Ever since the accident happened...

"Taehyung! Darling, come downstairs for food!" My mom said with full energy as always.

"Coming Mom!", I replied back and got out of my blankets.

When I got downstairs, my mom asked "So Taehyung, what did you do today?", She spoke with a little hope sparkling in her eyes.

"I... I don't remember", I replied more disappointed than she was. I wanted to just cry.

"Well... I'm sure my boy will remember what he had for dinner today", she said with a sad smile.

Even though the doctors said that I don't have much hope but if I tried I could do it, I still don't think I can.

My memory is useless now...

You might be wondering what's wrong with me and why can't I remember anything? Its because of an accident a few months ago.

It caused damage to a part of my brain where new memories are formed, I basically have a form of 'short term memory loss'. My brain is damaged but not that much which meant I still had hope.

Hope that maybe I could start to remember new things...

You see, if you damage that specific part of the brain, you actually damage the cells which are responsible for making new memories.

But the old memories, the things that happened to me before the damage are still clearly planted in my brain.

That's how it works for me. I'm currently 19 years old. I've left school since the accident and I'm glad to be alive. I have a journal to keep in track with everyday things, even the tiniest details and I've lost the ability to make new memories...

Forever...

Or maybe not?