Chapter 1

[A year had passed]

C A L A -

“Are you still looking for her?” Travis asks as he look through the pages of the magazine his holding. “Yeah.” I replied shortly. “Aren't you tired? You have been looking for her for over a year a now and we don't know if she even wants that thing back.” I ignored his words as I put my focus on writing a response to the letter that the higher ups had given me this morning.

“By the way I heard that the secretary from the higher up had given you a letter. What's the letter about?” he asked as he put the magazine down looking at me anticipating for ny answer. “They are asking me if I can evaluate one of our branch. The coffee shop near our company. I've never been there before actually.” I explained as I stood up ready to go out.

“Want to grab some coffee and might as well check the branch.” I took my wallet together with my phone as we got out of my office. “Lara can you please deliver this letter to the higher up. Tell them that, that is my response regarding to their request.” I informed my secretary begore going in the elevator with Travis tailing behind me like a lost puppy.

We have safely arrived as I let Travis go in first as I park my car out. I pushed the glass door and went inside. I scan the whole place only to see a few people inside the coffee shop. I saw Travis sitting at the corner. I walked towards him putting my wallet down the table as a waiter went to us and gave us the menu. I looked through the menu.

“I would like to have a tea with less caffeine.” I told him as he jot it down on his small notepad. “I'll have a latte.” Travis said while smiling. I look around trying to look at the nameplates of every worker to find their manager but to my dismay I didn't find the manager. “I heard that the manager here is beautiful and had won at the annual contest that the company held last year.” he whispered to me as he looks around. I look at him weirdly.

“Oh don't you give me that look. I know you have the hots for beautiful women Cala. Oh I almost forgot you're being loyal to 'her'. I don't even know if love at first sight still exist but I think it still does just by looking at you being head over heels to someone whom the both of us don't know.” he is definitely annoying right now. If we aren't outside I would've smack his head real hard. I rolled my eyes at him trying to ignore him. “Don't be too harsh on her when you meet.” he whispered again.

Soon after our drinks arrived. I took the cup near my nose as I smell the aroma of the tea. “Are you sure you're going to be okay with drinking that?” Travis asked worriedly I gave him a genuine smile telling him that I'll be fine. I took a sip of my tea trying to savor it. It has a delicate taste perfect for winter. I took my phone up and check if they are any messages from my secretary since it's almost end of her shift. The place was quiet but calming at the same time. The shop has stools at the counter for those customers that wants to see how the coffee is being made which was the idea of the company.

I finished drinking my tea. I look at my wrist watch to check the time and it was already 6:00 pm. “Let's go.” I saw Travis got up from his seat and so I also got up from my seat I took some cash inside my wallet to pay. After paying we both went inside of my car as I drive Travis to his condo.

I drove back to the company to get my things before going back home and rest. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. I'll be handling the winter course this year so I hope the manager of the shop and me will get along because I don't want any conflicts occuring especially when I am devoted and focused on my work.