Chapter 9

[Rosy cheeks]

C A L A -

“But I want to stay with you.” I heard her mumble as I look at her lovingly. I can't be mad at her for long knowing that if that happens I might be the one to hurt her and I don't want that to happen.

“Then stay.” I finally forget about my pride just to see her smile again. I can see how her lips curved into a smile as soon as I said to her to stay. I went inside of my room, my old room to be exact. My parents sold this house before migrating  to Singapore because of my father's line of work but I still communicate with them and also visit them on holidays.

I laid comfortably on my bed staring at the ceiling. I know I'm also at fault I should've just talk to the customer in a calm manner that outbursting. I hate myself for reacting this way. I don't want to be a burden to anyone but here I am with Sienna. I still have five days until this observation ends and then things will go back to the way it used to be since all I want was to give that damn ring back.

I'm just upset because I just want to protect her, that guy was eyeing her like she was a piece of meat and it's clearly still morning for things like that can't he control his hormones then he hit my precious face that up until now hurts like hell. She shouted at me for almost hitting back that guy but when the hit me it was like it's just okay.

I closed my eyes to forget it since everything seems stupid, we were both immature when in fact we should know better than this. I heard a soft knock from my door. I didn't said a thing when the door opened slightly I can see Sienna peeking through the door looking so cute that I want to keep her in my pocket. I shrugged my thoughts off seeing her holding a first aid kit.

She silently walk towards me before sitting on my bed facing me. “He must've hit your face that hard.” she touched the side of my lips as I winced in pain. “Let me treat it for you.” her delicate hands held my jaw carefully as the wet cotton touched my lips “Ah don't put too much pressure. It hurts.”

“Sorry.” she mumbled before continuing her work. She put the band aid carefully. “There it's done. Did you eat already?” she ask as I shook my head. “Then let's eat I'll cook something up for you to make it up to you. Do you have some ingredients that I can use in your kitchen?”

“I think I can make somthing from this.” I heard her whisper as she looks at the eggs at the pantry and some meat at the freezer. “That's all I have here since this place is just literally my escape place. If you want we can just call for a delivery.” I suggested since I don't want to trouble her by cooking for me. “Just sit down and wait until I finished cooking.” I immediately did what she told me to. I don't want to witness an angry looking kitten again. I chuckled at my thought though she does really look like a kitten because of her feline eyes.

I watch her back that looks so flawless while moving around the kitchen. I sat down as I rested my chin over my palm staring at her move around. “I might melt if you will keep on staring at me.” I heard her talk that snap me out of my trance. I chuckled “I will stop staring at you if you let me help you.” I said smiling at her. “Then help me if you want to.” I quickly stood up and run towards her to see her chopping some green onions 'where the hell did she get that?' I though with my furrowed eyebrows.

“Are you just gonna stand there or help me?” she ask so I went to wash my hands up. “So what can I do?” I ask cheerfully like everythings okay now. “Beat some eggs up while I finish chopping this up.” I did what was told. I took three eggs from the pantry before getting a bowl. I started to crack the eggs up one by one.

I saw her put the chopped green onions to the bowl of beaten eggs. “Can you put some pepper and some salt to the meat while I cook this?”

As she was cooking the eggs I noticed that her hair keeps on falling on to the side of face as she tucks it behind her ear time by time. Since I was done seasoning the meat I decided to go back to my room without her noticing me. I took one of my hair tie on my vanity table. I walk down the stairs seeing her pan grilling the meat guess she knew I was not beside her. I was behind her contemplating if I should tie her hair if I should just tell her to tie her hair by herself.

If I tie her hair it will be more convenient but awkward for the both of us but if I tell her to tie her hair up by herself up it'll be inconvenient and not awkward for us. I took a deep breath before gently holding her hair up slightly to tie it up into a low poinytail. I saw how her body tensed up from what I did.

She turned the stove off and put the meat on a plate. “Thank you.” she said shyly while lowering her head but I had a glimpse of her pink rosy cheeks.