Chapter 6

[Alone together]

C A L A -

I was woken up by the loud ringing of my phone early in the morning. I open my eyes slowly as I scrunched my nose at the contact of my eyes and the bright light coming from my window. I turned my alarm off since it's another day of life full of events.

I rubbed my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose before wearing my specs. I grab my towel before entering the bathroom to have a cold shower. The droplets of water hits my body and it was so fucking cold but at the same refreshing. After my cold shower I decided to wear something simple since I'll be at the coffee shop for the whole day. I settled for my black fitted dress shirt together with my white pants and some black heels.

I let the first two buttons of my dress shirt unbutton. I took my wallet and phone with my car keys since I will not be needing my bag right now. I lock the front door and entered my car. I was about to turn the engine on when I remembered the ring so I quuckly got out of my car and went inside the house to get the ring. I saw the ring on my table so I grab it and put it inside of my pocket 'Might as well give it back to her.' I thought as I close the door. Jazz music was playing through my cars stereo all through out the ride to the coffee shop. I saw Sienna going to the back so I immediately park my car and took my things with me. I followed her to the back and saw her entering the back door.

She was already closing it so I quickly held the door knob I saw her looking at my hands before looking up at me. “Hi?” I wave my hands at her. She was just looking at me so I opened the door more wide for me to enter. My face was literally only a few centimeters away from hers. I closed the door behind me as she shook her head leaving me, walking towards the counter.

“Am I too early?” I ask as I sit at one of the stools. “Yes.” she straightforwardly said to me as she tie her hair in a ponytail. I stared at her in awe it was like time had slowed down. She was moving around the place arranging some things and she looks elegant.

“Starung is rude.” I heard her say as I shook my head trying to get a grip of myself. “By the way I saw your proposal and recipes for the winter course.” I said seriously and she turned to look at me. “I know what you're going to say so whatever it is don't.” she sighed after saying that. The corner of lips curved into a smile. “I like it.” I smiled at her and by the looks on her face I know she's not believing my words.

“I personally like the idea and everything so while Elle is stil not here can you show me how to make some of your coffee right now.” I said as I went inside the counter and took some spare apron for me to wear. She followed me inside as she started to bring some roasted coffee beans. “Hand drip coffee is one of the easiest to make but needs a lot of grinding.” she said as I choke on my own saliva hearing her said grinding.I laugh nervously as she pats my back.

“We are going to boil at least 350 grams of water and since we're only going to use 350 grams of water we need 23 grams of lightly roasted coffee beans to enjoy the nuanced flavor of a single-origin coffee that is lightly roastd. I'll just bring the grinder.” After explaing to me she handed me a small grinder. “Put the coffee beans inside of it.” she intructed so I did what was told. “Grind the coffee beans to a coarseness resembling sea salt.” I rolled my dress shirt up to my elbows and started to grind the coffee beans.

I didn't fucking know that grinding this fucking beans will make my hands sore. I saw her put the filter onto the top of the dripper. “Since we are going to use Blue Bottle Filter there is no need for us to pre-wet it.” I just nodded at what she said not understanding anything. “I think that's enough, put that into the filter now.” I carefully put the grinded beans into the filter.

I saw how she carefully pour the hot water slowly over the the coffee starting at the outer rim and moving in a steady spiral towards the center of the grounds. This is the fourth preparation.

“Taste it.” she said as she handed me the cup of the finished product. I brought it close to my lips feeling anxious before taking a sip of it. I know I should've not drink this since I'm not fond of coffees especially caffeine. My heart will have abnormal rhythm or must I palpitate if I had drink so much drinks with caffeine.

I guld down the hand drip coffee feeling the hot liquid go down my throat. I smiled at her. “I'll pe putting the hand drip coffee onto one of the recipe for the winter course.” I nodded at what she said.