Chapter 7

[Caffeine sensitive]

C A L A -

Sienna handed me another cup that she made. "Drink it." she encourages me as I again take a sip of it. "That's Russian tea it has a zestful taste perfect for winter."

"You two look so good together." We both turned are head to see who it was and we saw Elle sitting at one of the stool while looking at the both of us. I didn't notice her earlier. "So what do you say, actually we still don't have a title for the third course for winter." Sienna informed me and I remembered what she said to me the yesterday. 'It warms your mind and body.' I smiled at her but I felt my heartbeat suddenly started to beat so fast.

I tried to breath steadily still holding the cup. I closed my eyes tightly trying to calm myself up. "H-ow about h-eart to h-eart?" I ask but my head started to hurt. I clench my chest.

S I E N N A -

I saw how Cala's hand tremble so I look at her with my worried eyes. Elle stood up from her seat and run inside the counter to grab a glass of water. Cala has her eyes closed tightly while clenching her chest breathing heavily. I took the cup from her hands and guided her at our back room.

Elle handed me the water as I hold it tightly silently watching Cala since I don't know what to do. Elle closed the door telling me that she'll just call Travis over to help us. "I'm sorry. I can't handle that much caffeine." Cala apologized and I look at her. She was staring at me while she's still trying to breath normally. I handed her the glass of water as she chug down the water.

I look down feeling guilty. "You are such a fool for drinking the tea and coffee that I gave to you." I mumbled while fiddling with my fingers. "No it's okay it's my fault I didn't informed you about that." I turned to look at her while she was getting something from her pocket. I saw her holding a ring that looks so familiar to me. "Actually I was meaning to give this back to you yesterday." she handed me the ring that was once I treasured.

One Year Ago

I was inside the car seating there while waiting for her to calm down when I decided to confront her. I opened the car door as I saw her smoking. I walk passed her but she grab my wrist tightly not wanting to let go of me.

"We are done Astrid and I don't want you cheating to Lay she's a good catch but here you are running back to me. I loved you Astrid but you cheated on me. You wouldn't cheat on me if I was already enough but I guess you found someone much better than me so for fuck sake don't cheat on her." I angrily  said to her as she let go of my wrist and entered her car driving away.

I saw her car vanishing from my sight. I saw a girl watching from a far looking at me when I felt something on my fingers I stared at my ring before taking it off and threw it somewhere. I don't care who might get that ring anyways it's not part of me anymore.

"So that was you?" I ask her and she nodded her head. I look at the ring again. "I knew from the start that she was cheating on me but I trusted her with all of that I got but that's on the past now. I've already moved on." I smiled at her while she was still dazed.

I let her rest first at the back room as I went out and there I saw Travis and Elle talking at each other. Travis immediately went to me. "Is that idiot okay now?" he ask as I nodded. "She knows that she can't handle too much caffeine but here she is drinking coffee and tea like she's not sensitive to caffeine." I heard Travis' whims.

I pat his shoulders as I went inside the counter again. The whole morning was full of customers but my mind was still on Cala. Peter was here to help us serve the customers. He's our part timer here since he's still a student. Travis already left while Elle was with me busy with the orders.

"Is there anything I can do to help? I can see that you are packed today." I turned to look at my side and saw Cala looking around. "Great timing. We only have one server for today." Elle handed her a notepad as I glared at her ready to scold her since Cala needs to rest. "It's okay I can manage." she left the both of us here while I was gawking.

"Are you sure you two aren't together?" asked by Elle.