Chapter 1

December 31, 1995 Tampa Florida
NICK'S POV
"Nicky!" I'm woken up by Aaron jumping on my bed. I groan and look at the clock. It's 10:08 am.

"Sleeping, go away." I shove Aaron off my bed and doze off again.

"Nicky wake up!" Aaron pounces on me again.

"Aaron go away and let me sleep" I pull the blanket over my head.

"Ugh fine." Aaron pouts. As he jumps down from my bed, I hear him stop.

"Is Lili coming today?" I hear him ask.
I don't answer. I'm too sleepy. I hear Aaron climb back up and next thing I know, he snatches my pillow and starts whacking me on the head with it.

"Aaron!" I yell, cranky and annoyed. He giggles and sits on my bed.

"So is she coming?" he repeats. I roll my eyes. I knew Aaron had a crush on Lili ever since he first laid eyes on her.

"Well we are going out later. On a date." I run my hands through my hair, smoothing it down. Aaron sighs and decides to give me one more good whack with the pillow before racing downstairs.

I sigh, and flop back down on the bed. I'm sort of nervous for the date. It's not like it's my first date, my first date was two years ago, but what if I mess up?

I sit up and and get out of bed. I slip on underwear and a T-Shirt. My parents aren't home in the morning so I brush my teeth and smooth down my hair a bit. Then I walk groggily downstairs where Aaron is eating cereal. He's sitting on the couch, and watching some sort of cartoon. I go into the kitchen and also grab some Cheerios and pour them into a bowl. I grab the milk and pour it in as well.

I pick up my bowl, and go sit next to Aaron on the couch. He looks up at me.

"Hi." Then he turns back to the TV.

"Hi." I start eating my cereal. I squint at the TV and see that it has Tom and Jerry on it. It's the episode where Spike, Tom, and Jerry all decide to be nice to each other. I finish my cereal, and wash my bowl. Aaron watches me.

"Are you nervous?" he asks me. I give him a look.

"No. Why?" I start getting my Nintendo out.

"You look nervous. Is it because of Lili?" I swear this seven year old child knows me too well.

"Maybe." I start plugging it in.

"Why?"

"Aaron stop asking so many questions." I turn the game on and put on my headphones to block Aaron out. I hear him sigh. Then he flops down dramatically on the sofa and watches me play.

December 31, 1995 Tampa Florida
LILI'S POV
I glance at the clock. It's 5:48 pm. The taxi should almost be here. I'm nervous, I've never been on a date today. Nick asked me out on Christmas and thought it would be cool to have our first date on the beach then go to Kevin's and Brian's to celebrate New Year's.

After two minutes, the taxi arrives and drives me to the beach. I can't wait until I can get my driver's license. I thank the taxi driver and pay her. I glance at my wrist, and realize I don't have a watch. Great. I really need to buy a watch.

I look down at my outfit. I had such a problem, since I don't own dresses. But I managed to go buy one. It's reaches to my knees and is a pale green color. It's loose and pretty. My hair is loose and I have white sandals. I look around and see a blond boy but he turns around, and I can see that it's not Nick.

I start to get nervous. What if Nick forgot? What if misunderstood the day he said? He said this Sunday right? I feel a pair of arms slide around my waist. I turn around, and it's Nick.