Chapter 0.5

M E D U S A 'S S T O R Y
_____________________

"Mother, you can't" Medusa kept moving her head side to side so she won't see her horrible face. "Honey, it doesn't matter how you look," Phorkys said softly, trying to hold his daughter in place. "You're still our daughter" Medusa stopped her tracks making her parents smile.

"Medusa?" Keto's soft hands caressed Medusa's scale-y face. Keto didn't mind, no matter what happens Medusa is still her daughter, her flesh and blood. "Let me see you" Keto's motherly voice almost made Medusa collapse in happiness.

Medusa moved her face forward with hesitation but of course, with her eyes close. She didn't want to change her parents to stone, she almost teared up just be thinking of that thought. Medusa kept biting her lip as her parents scan her face.

"Our beautiful daughter" Keto sniffled in happiness. Medusa's expression went shocked just by hearing those words. "Mother" Medusa chuckled a bit as she placed her hand on top of hers, which is on the cheek. "Im far from beautiful" Phorkys arched his brow in anger as he poked his cheek with his tongue.

"And who told you that?" Phorkys's loud voice made Medusa flinch "Pardon?" Phorkys almost wanted to kill the person who told his daughter isn't beautiful. "I asked," Phorkys took a step forward and held his daughter's free hand.

"Who told you that you weren't beautiful?" Phorkys asked gently, not wanting to scare his daughter further. "M-Me" Medusa rubbed the back of her shin with her foot as she bit her lip in embarrassment. Phorkys's eyes went wide as she brought his daughter closer to her to give her a hug.

"My sweet daughter" Phorkys whispered softly as he caressed his daughter's hair, the snakes didn't mind actually in fact, they wanted more of this warm touch. "Looks doesn't matter," Phorkys pulled out of the hug. "You're beautiful inside and out" He held his daughter's cheeks.

Medusa smiled again as she held her father's hands with her palm. "Thank you, Father" Phorkys smiled as he brought Medusa's face closer to kiss her forehead. Medusa suddenly felt someone small hugging her leg.

Her brows squint as she turned around a bit. With her eyes close, she tried to find the source of the warmth on her legs. She suddenly felt a child's head, making her gasp a bit. "Honey, what are you doing?" Medusa tried her best not to sound scary.

The child tighten her grip around Medusa's leg. "You look sad so I wanted to hug you!" The child pouted a bit. Medusa's heart skipped a beat after hearing those words and smiled a bit. "Aren't you scared of me?" The child immediately shook his head as he looked up to Medusa.

"Why would I be? When you saved us!" Medusa giggled at the child's words as she patted his head with a smile, she made sure to hide her fangs. "Mama told me you saved us! I hate dad! He's always with some other girl! He breaks mama's heart!"

The child's mother chuckled lowly as she bend down and hugged her son. "It's okay now! Mama is happy because you are here!" The child nodded vigorously as smiled happily at his mother. Medusa can't help but smile at the adorable scene "Medusa, not to interrupt you but" Dominic asked Medusa who looked at him with confusion.

"Where's Veron—BERONIKA!" Python was interrupted by a child's screaming. They looked confused to see so they stared at the scene of Veronica being held by many children and still putting flower crowns on her head. "Kids! Let the poor snake down! She needs to get back to her owner!" One of the mothers instructed the kids, softly.