Chapter 23 - Lilith

I open my eyes when I reach over and don't feel Riot. His phone wasn't on his nightstand, so he probably left already. I sit up and rub my eyes before I get out of bed and do my morning routine.

I shower, wash my face and hair before walking out of the bathroom and to my closet with a towel wrapped around my chest. I pick out a grey thrasher jacket, white nike pros, and grey slip on vans. I didn't have much to do anyways, I only had to get Ava up and to school.

I pick out a black lace set for underwear and slide my clothes on, putting on no show socks before my vans. I look down at the gold anklet on my ankle as I walk over to my clothes and pull my phone out of the sweatpants I was wearing yesterday.

I raise my eyebrows as I see it's almost 8, way past the time I was supposed to be up. I throw my phone in my jacket pocket and rush to the elevators. I run my hand over my face and wait for the elevator to arrive.

When it does, I'm shocked to see Stassie Standing there.

"Stassie? Why are you up here?" I ask as I step in and press Avas' floor.

"I was already up to take Ava to school, so when I came back and you weren't downstairs, I waited in here until you came down. Those men who follow you and Ava wouldn't let me onto yours and Riots floor until one of you came down." she says and I tilt my head.

"Why did you take her to school?" I ask.

"Rome told me that Riot told him that I had to take Ava to school. Apparently, he would've had my head if I said no. Plus, I like Ava, she's a cutie." she says and I nod as the doors open to Avas floor.

I watch them shut, no longer needing to go onto that floor. Instead, I press the first floor. 

"Sorry if that came off rude, I just was a little worried." I say and she shakes her head.

"No, your fine. Jesus, you don't have to be nice all the time." she says as she laughs.

"I know." I say and the doors open.

The guards were waiting right outside the doors. I smile at them and walk out. We walk to the dining hall to see it empty, but there were still fruits with protective skin out. I grab an orange, and Stassie grabs an apple. We walk back out and into the backyard, sitting on the chairs next to the pool.

"I have to go fine Riot after I eat." I say.

"You're always leaving me for him." she says as she pouts.

"Sorry, he wants me to be by him when i'm not with Ava." I say and she groans.

"That's not fair. Rome doesn't even want to be around me unless we're doing something sexual, or you're there." she says and I start to peel my orange.

"Have you tried not giving into sex?" I ask.

"No, he's just so hot. I can't resist." she says and we laugh.

"I'm not sure then. Maybe try to invite him to do something?" I ask.

"I've tried. He only wants me for my body, and I sadly give in everytime." she says and I reach out to rub her back.

"It's okay. Maybe he's just busy and is only available at night." I say and she shrugs.

"I just want something like you and Riot. I want to be his weak spot." she says and I put one of the oranges in my mouth.

"Riot and I's relationship isn't perfect. It took alot to get to where we are, and even now it's not very stable." I say.

"Still, I see the way he looks at you. And, Rome mentioned him needing a heir, you would be perfect for that." she says