Chapter 19

It's game time. Every seat in the McKinley High gymnasium was filled. Cheers were heard all throughout the school. McKinley Titans were playing the Fillmont High Rockets. They were halfway into the 2nd half of the game and McKinley were down by 18 points with 14 minutes left in the minutes. Banners and all kinds of colorful signs were raised in the air and chants for both 'Titans' and 'Rockets' were everywhere. But Quinn...Quinn heard none of it.

Out of breathe with sweat dripping from her forehead on to her red and white Titans basketball jersey and her long blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail, Quinn was to in the zone to hear anything but the sound of her rapidly beating heart. Quinn looked around to absorb her surrounds. Everyone was on their feet cheering, red and white signs with 'Go Titans' written on them were raised in the air. Cheers in the corner with their pom poms in the air as they cheered. Quinn then turned to the scoreboard. The scoreboard read McKinley with 24 points and Fillmont High Rockets with 42 points. The time was counting down: 15.9, 15.8, 15.7, 15.6, 15.5 and it continued to count down.

'This is it' Quinn thought as she heard the referee blow his whistle. Quinn looked over to Puck who was right beside her, and he gave her a slight nod of his head which Quinn returned as if she knew what he was saying.

'Let's do this'

Quinn and the rest of the players spread out on the court. The ref blew his whistle again thus bringing the game back into play.

Puck, who had the ball, passed it to Quinn. Quinn caught the ball and began dribbling it down the court. Quinn then passes the ball back to Puck, who passes it to Finn. Finn was about to pass it to another fellow Titan, but before he could, a Rocket team member stole the ball from him. Player 21 dribbled the ball down the court and passed it to another player on his team, who throw it up and made the shot, bringing the Rockets to 44 points, while Titans still had 24 points.

Next check was McKinley's. Player #8, passed it to Quinn, who dribbled it down the court, then she passed it to Mike, who was open. Mike tried to take the shot, but a fellow Rocket blocked it from making the shot. Quinn tried to make the rebound, but a Rocket jumped at the same time as she did, thus knocking it out of bound before Puck could knock it back into the court. The buzzer rung signaling the end of the first half of the 2nd part of the game. The two teams went into separate locker rooms to regroup.

As McKinley made their way into the locker room, they were bummed with their heads hung low.

"Man, we suck." player #8, Dave Karofsky, said.

"Gee Karofsky, tell us how you really feel." Finn said sarcastically.

"What it's true." Dave spat back.

"Whatever." Finn said taking a seat on the nearest bench.

"Well at least were doing better than last year." Mike said.

"He has a point." player #18, Marcus Crew, said. "We managed to get at least 10 points before the second half of the game."

"That, of course is all Thanks to my home girl Q." Puck said proudly. Most of the guys nodded their heads in agreement.

"Whoa, wait a minute, she can't take all the credit. I mean we did it as a team." Finn said

"Right, she'll just get most of the credit." Puck said. Finn rolled his eyes.

"Come on you guys. We weren't that bad." Finn said, refusing to believe some girl could be their savior this season. Especially Quinn.

"Psst, speak for yourself Hudson. We sucked last year." Karofsky said. "We're just lucky Figgins let us player another year."