Chapter 48

"Quinn, are you ready yet?" Rachel yells upstairs.

"Yea, almost!" Quinn yells back

Rachel rolls her eyes and turns back to Lucas who was in his little swing.

"Your mama is silly. Is it she, Luke?" Rachel says.

Lucas giggles around his pacifier. Rachel picks him up.

"Are you ready for your first Halloween, little man?" Rachel asks Lucas, while he just looks around the room. "I'll take that as a yes." she chuckles.

Five minutes later, Quinn still has not come downstairs.

"Quinn hurry up, we're going to be late!"

Rachel then hears the sound of music playing.

It's peanut butter jelly time
Peanut butter jelly time

Quinn jumps down the stairs in giant banana suit dancing.

Where he at
Where he at
Where he at
Where he at

There he go
There he go
There he go
There he go

Peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly

Rachel...really didn't want to help it, so she laughed. She laughed hard. Even Lucas cackled. Quinn just kept dancing.

Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat
Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat

"Oh my god, what are you wearing?" Rachel laughs.

Quinn stops dancing and removes the face flap so she could talk.

"Well it's Halloween. So I thought, why not start early." Quinn says. "It's kind of like a tradition me and my dad did. S and Puck did it with us too. Every Halloween we would dress in a custom and then go to school wearing that custom." Quinn explains.

"Well that explains why you showed up in a pirate custom in the 7th grade." Rachel wanders out loud.

"Yep, but that was actually the last we did it, cause you know my mom and everything happened, it kind of stopped. So I thought why not bring the tradition back and do it with Jaime."

"That sounds really sweet and thoughtful Quinn, but are you seriously going to wear that all day?" Rachel chuckles.

"Yea, why not?"

"And you're also going to wear it tonight?"

"No way, of course not. Come on Rach, I'm a little more unpredictable than that." Quinn said pulling the flap back up showing the banana's smiling face.

"No you are definitely unpredictable Quinn." Rachel says with a grin.

"That's right." Quinn leans down to Lucas. "Hey buddy. Sorry I can't really pick you up in this suit. The arms are kind of floppy." Quinn flaps around as if to demonstrate. It makes Lucas giggle. "You ready for tonight, buddy. Yea, cause we're gonna go trick or treating, and then we're gonna eat lots of candy." Quinn says. Lucas smiles.

"You are not having our son eating a bunch of candy Quinn." Rachel sternly says.

"Oh right, sorry. We're gonna eat lots of candy when mommy's not looking." Quinn jokes.

"Quinn"

"Come on Rach, I'm only kidding." Quinn chuckles, but looks to Lucas shaking her head and whispers. "I'm not." Lucas chuckles having absolutely no idea what his parents were talking about.