Chapter 52

After leaving the school, Quinn went to the Lopez's to pick up Lucas. Just the sight of her son brought a smile to Quinn's sad face. Maribel Lopez could tell there was something bothering the blonde, but could also tell that she didn't want to talk about it.

The tension at home was just as bad as at school. Worst actually. When Rachel got home, she bypassed Quinn and went straight for their son. Okay Quinn can understand that Rachel was pretty heartbroken and upset, but come on. She can't just ignore her forever, can she. What's worse, Lucas has been really fussy lately. He's started teething, so he's been a little moody lately, but today was worse. It's probably because the tension between his parents were rubbing off on his already bad mood. Charlie had gone somewhere to hid from the tension. Smart puppy.

Quinn's mood just carried on to work. Work wasn't as fun as it usually was. She was still polite to the costumers, but she wasn't her happy self.

As she was cleaning up one of the tables, she saw a familiar face.

"Uh Britt, what's up? What are you doing here? Is S with you?" Quinn asks

"No, she's at home. I wanted to talk to you actually." Brittany says

Quinn gives a small nod. She looks around, there's not many people there, so it couldn't hurt to take a little break. The two take a seat at the table they're at.

"So...Rachel didn't give me all the deeds, so you wanna explain what happened?" Brittany says.

Quinn sighs before explaining. She explained everything from the Cheerio ambushing her to her not getting hard.

"So you didn't cheat on Rachel." Brittany says

"No, of course not." Quinn says not even bothering to correct Brittany on how they weren't dating, because it honestly felt like she was when it all happened. Worst feeling ever, during and after, she never wanted to feel that again.

"So you really like her?"

"Yes"

"Oh my god. Okay you really need to talk to Rachel. And I'm going to help you." Brittany declares. Quinn raises an eyebrow, but listens to the blonde.

For the next half hour, the two blondes went over a plan, Operation: Get Faberry Together, the name was Brittany's idea. Mr. Shue had sent out a mass text about the next category, cause you know the kids weren't listening when he told them the first time. That of course gave Brittany the perfect idea on how Quinn could get Rachel to talk to her or at least tell her how she felt. Everyone knows the best way to Rachel Berry's heart is to sing.

Planning, Brittany leaves and Quinn finishes with work. On the way home Quinn goes over the plan in her head. She really thinks this work. She hopes it works.

When she got home, the house was dark which told Quinn that Rachel and Lucas were in bed. Quinn exits her car and goes into the house. She sets the alarm, heads to the kitchen for some juice, then goes upstairs. When she gets upstairs, Quinn first goes to nursery. Charlie greets her at the door, she reaches down to pet him. She walks over to the crib, kisses Lucas on the forehead saying good night, then leaves the room.

She's half way to her own room when she stops. She stands there for a moment before turning and heading to Rachel's room. Inside she saw Rachel wrapped up in her sheets fast asleep. Quinn stood at the door for a while just watching her. She finally steps in further and squats beside the bed, in front of Rachel. She looks at her and she saw tear stains on her cheeks. Quinn felt a tightness in her chest. She moves her hand gently across Rachel's sleeping face and moves a strain of hair from her face.

"I'm so sorry." Quinn whispers.

She stayed there for a while, just watching Rachel sleep. She wanted to get in with her and just hold her, but she knew that now wouldn't be the best time to do, or at least it wouldn't best for her to do it. Sighing sadly Quinn gets up and goes to leave, but not before placing a soft kiss at the corner of Rachel's lips. Rachel lets out a small breath as Quinn backs away. With one last look, Quinn heads to her room, and fell into a restless sleep.