ch.18

Pov.Peter
I open my eyes and see wade asleep next to my bed, holding my hand. I look up and see Friday the 13th on the TV in my room. I guess we fell asleep watching movies.

I look at his leg and his knee is straight out with a cast around it, and it looks like there is ace wrap on his chest under the hospital gown.

He's sound asleep. He's so peaceful.

I pick up the remote and change the channel to the news. Moving my wrists hurts. It hurts alot. But I'll deal with it.

A reporter stands in front of stark tower. "Earlier today mr.starks personal intern went missing. Thought tony stark doesn't seem concerned dispite him obviously careing for the teen. So what's really going o-" the news woman says, speaking like me.starks name is a curse.

I change the channel again. This time its a cooking show. A man with spikey hair drives around in a red car to small restaurants. I'll watch this for a while.

"Peter?" Wade says as he wakes up. "morning sleepy head." I say. "how long was I asleep?" He asks. "no idea, but I think you stayed the night in my room."

Wade leans on my bed and holds my hand tightly. "what time is it?" He asks. I go to look at my phone, but I guess they took it. I look at the clock in the corner of the room.

"8:30" I say. "I have physical therapy at 1:00 I think" he says, lying his head down on the bed. "so I'll stay here untill then, if that's ok." He says.

We watch tv for a while. Every once in awhile we laugh at his ridiculous some of the recipies are.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up to wade kissing my forehead after pulling up the blackets on my hospital bed. "I have to go to p.t., love you" he says softly.

He grabs his walker and leaves the room just as my eyes become clear. I look up and tv is turned off and a few flowers placed of my bedside table with a note.

Hey kiddo. I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now, but just know that I care about you and I love you. Text me when you're ready to talk. 
                             -tony (stark)

I feel awful. I glance around the room for my phone, but I don't see it anywhere. I hit the nurse button. Doctor brown come into the room.

"what can I do for you?"  He asks. "um, I can't fund my phone, and I really need to talk to someone." I say. "I'll get it for you, one moment" he days, walking out of the room.

After a few minutes, he comes back into the room and hands me my phone. "you're actually not supposed to have your phone, but considering your emergency contact is listed tony stark with no phone number and a signature, I'll make an exception." He says, before walking out of the room.

I turn on my phone and see 200+ notifications. Mostly texts from ned. I open my text messages and click on mr.stark.

Mr.stark: hey kid. I don't know if your ever going to see this, but we all miss you. It doesn't feel the same without you. 10 days ago

Me: I'm sorry. I miss you guys too. I just want to go home. Now

Mr.stark: you don't have to apologize, I'll be there soon. Now

About 30 minutes later, mr.stark walks into my room, and runs to my bed side, picking me up and hugging me.

It takes everything I have not to cry. I cry anyway.

"mr.stark...help... I don't know, I'm so sor-" I sob so hard I can barley speak. "Don't apologize."

"but i-" "I said don't apologize, you have nothing to apologize for." He says, finally letting me go.

"Peter, I read the note. I promise you that you aren't a burden, and I saved you for a reason, because I care about you. The media is doing what they always do, try to make a story. I promise you that none of this is your fault." He says.

"except the media is freaking out about you because of me, it is my fault!" I say, on the verge of tears.

"That's not true, it's not your fault, I promise." He says. He sits down in the chair next to my bed. "I'm just glad you're alive." He says.

We sit in uncomfortable silence for a while.

I don't know what I'm supposed to say. My first instinct was to apologize, but he told me not to, so I don't know what to do.

Mr.starks phone buzzes. "shit, I gotta go to the lab." He says, looking at his phone. "kid, I gotta go, but I'm just glad you're alive." He says, messing up my hair before leaving the room.

I turn on the TV and drift off to sleep.

Today hasn't been at all what I expected. I didn't expect to make it to today. Who knows, maybe I won't wake up tomorrow.