Finally shower

Summer... 

Once the doors opened after two or three hours of us just sitting around here, talking. We all looked up to see some man standing there. This time, not the one who brought us here. I think I scared him off with my talking. We all stood up and walked closer towards the door.

Another man strolled into the room. This one had brown hair with those grey streaks at the sides. Definitely not attractive. He could be compared to a rat with ease. 

"You kids doing all right? Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm." The man said smiling at all of us. I mean, that smile looks kinda forced. I am an expert when it comes to this and let me tell you, I don't trust this guy. 

"Who are you?" Thomas seems to be just as doubtful about him as I am. And I am glad. At least I am not alone. I also know that Winter will not be comfortable around him as well. 

"I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me. We'll get you kids squared away." The man said moving out of the room. 

"Um...should we believe someone who just appeared here?" I asked out loud, looking at my friends. 

"I mean he didn't even tell us his name..." Winter pointed out, agreeing with me. 

"Well, but there is no point in standing here either," Newt said and took my hand. "Let's just stay together and follow him. We'll see what he wants." It wasn't maybe the best plan but it was the only one we had. And so we all kept close to each other whilst following after the ratman.  

"You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place." The man said while leading us down some corridor. There were people working on something here. It looks quite dangerous but Winter seemed to be mesmerized by their equipment. But come on, it was giving out weird sparks for all we know the place can lit on fire soon. "For us, it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes."  

Some of the sparks from the tools these fools were using got in my way startling me a bit. Did anyone notice that rhyme? 

"Watch yourselves." Oh...great advice. 

"That means you're taking us home?" Thomas asked for all of us. Because quite frankly I wasn't listening to a thing this man said. I am just trying to keep myself alive here. This place is so strange. 

"A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from." I turned my attention to him after he said that. And where exactly did we come from? I would love to know that. "But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the Scorch, where WICKED will never find you again. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like a fairytale...but those aren't real," I said from the middle of the group, causing Janson to look at me. He smirked at my face. 

"Ah, yes, sweet lovely Summer. The one from the twins, that has always something to say. I thought you especially would be more positive about this. You are safe now." How would he know that I am supposed to be the positive one?  And how did he know my name? Hey, man, enough confusion. 

"Why are you helping us?" Minho asked pulling me a bit back when he noticed the confusion in my face that Janson sparkled with his weird answer. 

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can survive the Flare virus...makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed." We approached a huge metal door. Janson pulled out some kind of card from his pocket and run it through the machine and the door opened. I made a self note to remember the card. "Beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives. First things first...let's do something about that smell." Janson said looking at all of us.