Not Better

A month had passed but It was only after Seokjin had went to visit his burned home that the voices he was hearing started to get stronger and louder. Accompanying him almost every day.

At times, he'd hear his mother's voice and at different times it'd be his brother, father or even Jungkook or a stranger's voice.

At the worst times though, he'd hear multiple voices, screaming inside of his head but he'd never understand what they were saying, what exactly were they desperately trying to tell him.

For a whole month, not many people from his father's company came to speak to him but it was as though they were counting the days as if a month is the time they can let Seokjin grief before bombarding him with texts, calls and visits, asking him to come to the company and see if he wants to be the next CEO like his father wished one of his sons to be or give the position to someone else.

Seokjin finally went to the meeting they were holding, looking as tired as ever, wondering why he needed to ever be here as they spoke to him in turns.

Among all the shareholders sitting on the table, Seokjin only knew one man whom his father used to hang out with and trust, he was also the highest shareholder among them all so Seokjin thought it was only right to give up the position to this person because Seokjin knew he was in no place to lead with his little knowledge about this kind of industry and work even if it was his father's wish. However, this wasn't a game and he needed to think about it all for his father's sake.

"I need more time to think...For the meantime, you can go to Suman-shi for all concerns." Looking at everyone in the room, no one seemed to have any objections or at least not some that they were willing to voice out yet.

"To have a kid like that take over the company would mean our doom. He's an idol. All he can do is dance and sing. There's no way I can trust him to lead us." These were the words Seokjin heard from some employees upon him entering the company and he couldn't help but agree with them. Seokjin had no intention to even take over but again, it wasn't a simple matter. He needed to give it some thought for his father's sake.

Taking over the company would mean leaving bangtan but wait...will there even be a BTS for him to stay with?

Jungkook was in another unknown world and he had lost the will to really do anything on top of being injured. Was it even alright for him to go dance and sing after his family had died? It was disrespectful but Seokjin also didn't want to become a CEO so where is he going to belong to now? To what place?

He needed fresh air to think. Everything was too complicated for him to decide on by himself in such a closed space like the car he's currently in.

"Please stop the car" He told the driver at seeing the upcoming bus stop.

"Here? Aren't you going back to the dorms?" The driver looked at Seokjin through the rear view mirror as he did as asked.

"Not now. I'll inform my manager so don't worry yourself." Seokjin muttered a small "Thank You." as he got out of the car for the cold wind to greet him, making a shiver run down his spine. He zipped up his jacket and pulled out a face mask as he began to walk wherever his legs were going to take him. Enjoying the cold wind and closing his eyes for a second as he took in a deep refreshing breathe that felt as though his throat was getting cleaned and restored to the way it was before all he breathed was smoke a month ago and for a second since that time, his mind felt empty, not in a bad way though. It was a bit healing.

He wasn't even out for more than five minutes and his soul was already feeling better. However, it didn't last. The company or bangtan, his parent's death and Jungkook were a heavy weight on his mind. Too heavy that he found himself thinking about them from when he opened his eyes in the morning until he was finally closing them at night if he was able to sleep.